MS Access via Clarion5.5 ODBC
Author Message
 MS Access via Clarion5.5 ODBC

Hi all

I have a Clarion 5.5B2 program using Lagacy templates.  when I update a record
in a TPS file I want to also duplicate the change in a MS Access database.

I can read the Access database ok, but when I write I get the following error
posted:
File System Error

Also, how do you create a key in the Access Data, because I will need to get a
record!

Any help would be really appreciated!

Thanks, Mike Renals.

Sun, 29 Dec 2002 03:00:00 GMT
 MS Access via Clarion5.5 ODBC
My guess is that your problem is you don't have a unique key in the access
database.
You need to dig through the Access DESIGN area to figure out how to add keys.
You also need to duplicate those keys in your clarion data dictionary to have a
ghost of a chance.

Go to ftp://ftp.icetips.com/incoming/
and get the Access97ODBC2.ZIP and Access97ODBC2.TXT files.  They contain a working
Clarion4 Legacy application that runs against a supplied Access97 database using
ODBC.
Included is the .app and .dct, plus instructions on setting up 32-bit ODBC
datasources, and the 16-bit ODBC administrator that the Clarion IDE needs to
permit you to import and browse data files.

        Tim

Quote:

--
Tim Phillips
Vermont Agency of Natural Resources

Mon, 30 Dec 2002 03:00:00 GMT

1. How to store 64-Bit value in MS Access via ODBC

2. Importing via Access 97 odbc driver variable length Access Memo fiels

3. binary data into MS-SQL server via ODBC

4. Access 97 via ODBC

5. Import to Access via ODBC

6. Need help on accessing Pervasive SQL via ODBC

7. Access ODBC data source via Clipper

8. ASAP access Topspeed via ODBC

9. Accessing EXCEL sheets via ODBC

10. Access via ODBC