How many personnel from TS are now at EDATA
Author Message
 How many personnel from TS are now at EDATA

I just read a posting from some one whom I know to have been working for

heard the rumors that EData was buying up all the TS talent and TS employees
it could get. I see that long time Clarion/TS employees are now at EData and
Bruce (Mr. B) is on the board. Will TS continue or will it become EData? Is
this why development cycle is so long. Is it time for all of us to start the
process of acquiring and learning some new development tool. I am really
starting to question what is going on at TS. Did Roy go to EData or just go
else where. I feel the answers to these questions are important to help us,
the users of TS, to have some faith in the TS company and all that they will
be in the future.

Thanks & TTFN

Ray Traeger Sr.

Sat, 10 Aug 2002 03:00:00 GMT
 How many personnel from TS are now at EDATA
News Flash! Imagine that you are the President of a company
and imagine that you started to read a healthy measure of
discontent at your newsgroup.

Would you keep silent? I sure wouldn't. For one, I would
realize that my user base represents everything. Do I want
others to even CONSIDER another development tool such
as WinDev? No way!

What alarms me most of all is the deafening silence that
emanates from TS.

Sat, 10 Aug 2002 03:00:00 GMT
 How many personnel from TS are now at EDATA
Mike,

The comp.lang.clarion newsgroup is not a TopSpeed sponsored newsgroup so if
you find anyone from TopSpeed on this group, it is strictly on their own.
The
news server with all of the topspeed sponsored groups are on
tsnews.clarion.com

HTH's

Michael Gould

Quote:
> News Flash! Imagine that you are the President of a company
> and imagine that you started to read a healthy measure of
> discontent at your newsgroup.

> Would you keep silent? I sure wouldn't. For one, I would
> realize that my user base represents everything. Do I want
> others to even CONSIDER another development tool such
> as WinDev? No way!

> What alarms me most of all is the deafening silence that
> emanates from TS.

Sat, 10 Aug 2002 03:00:00 GMT
 How many personnel from TS are now at EDATA
So very correct.  "Imagine that you are the President of a company and
imagine that you started to read a healthy measure of discontent at your
newsgroup."

What to do?  Close the newsgroup so you don't have to listen!

Quote:
> Mike,

> The comp.lang.clarion newsgroup is not a TopSpeed sponsored newsgroup so
if
> you find anyone from TopSpeed on this group, it is strictly on their own.
> The
> news server with all of the topspeed sponsored groups are on
> tsnews.clarion.com

> HTH's

> Michael Gould

> > News Flash! Imagine that you are the President of a company
> > and imagine that you started to read a healthy measure of
> > discontent at your newsgroup.

> > Would you keep silent? I sure wouldn't. For one, I would
> > realize that my user base represents everything. Do I want
> > others to even CONSIDER another development tool such
> > as WinDev? No way!

> > What alarms me most of all is the deafening silence that
> > emanates from TS.

Sat, 10 Aug 2002 03:00:00 GMT
 How many personnel from TS are now at EDATA
Michael,

Okay, this is true... but I frequent TS's newsgroup as well... the chat
newsgroup was zapped, and I haven't seen any official response as
well over there.  DevCon was helpful but there have been several
issues arise since.  Key employees leaving, product direction, etc..
etc...

Mike

Quote:
>The comp.lang.clarion newsgroup is not a TopSpeed sponsored newsgroup so if
>you find anyone from TopSpeed on this group, it is strictly on their own.
>The news server with all of the topspeed sponsored groups are on
>tsnews.clarion.com
>Michael Gould

Sat, 10 Aug 2002 03:00:00 GMT
 How many personnel from TS are now at EDATA

Quote:

> The comp.lang.clarion newsgroup is not a TopSpeed
> sponsored newsgroup so if
> you find anyone from TopSpeed on this group, it is
> strictly on their own.
> The news server with all of the topspeed sponsored groups
> are on tsnews.clarion.com

> > News Flash! Imagine that you are the President of a
> > and imagine that you started to read a healthy measure
> > discontent at your newsgroup.

Michael (G), disagree on that one.
If I was the president of a company and there
was a distrbuted newsgroup not under my
control, but about my product, I would :
a) feel flattered that my product had attention in the
     marketplace,
and b) SURE AS HELL, read it every day,
     even if only the headers/threads.

(Any arrogance in the market place is
SURE AS HELL going to lead to the
product`s demise, and, unfortunately,
arrogance is in the eye of the beholder)
--
Martin Hoddinott
CPD2.1, C4a ABC 32 bit Clarion Filedriver Win95

http://users.iafrica.com/m/mo/motosana/

Sun, 11 Aug 2002 03:00:00 GMT
 How many personnel from TS are now at EDATA
Disagree, as I've said elsewhere.
If I'm the president of said company I would not spend any time reading the
newsgroups, let alone an hour or two of my prescious time. I would have more
important things to do like running a company.

However, and an important point here, I would get one of my (trusted)
employees to monitor the newsgroups and email me with anything really
important that was happening there.
In that case I wuld know what is going on without the time involved.

As to actually posting to the newsgroups, that's not the president or CEO's
job either, I wuld delegate that to the Sales and Marketing Vice-President
whoever he is (I can't remember), or one of his team.

I do agree with you that someone from TopSpeed should be reading
comp.lang.clarion and posting messages on an occasional basis.

(Note that I have never been president of a big company... yet! )

Stephen Fulton.

Quote:

> > The comp.lang.clarion newsgroup is not a TopSpeed
> > sponsored newsgroup so if
> > you find anyone from TopSpeed on this group, it is
> > strictly on their own.
> > The news server with all of the topspeed sponsored groups
> > are on tsnews.clarion.com

> > > News Flash! Imagine that you are the President of a
> > > and imagine that you started to read a healthy measure
> > > discontent at your newsgroup.

> Michael (G), disagree on that one.
> If I was the president of a company and there
> was a distrbuted newsgroup not under my
> control, but about my product, I would :
> a) feel flattered that my product had attention in the
>      marketplace,
> and b) SURE AS HELL, read it every day,
>      even if only the headers/threads.

> (Any arrogance in the market place is
> SURE AS HELL going to lead to the
> product`s demise, and, unfortunately,
> arrogance is in the eye of the beholder)
> --
> Martin Hoddinott
> CPD2.1, C4a ABC 32 bit Clarion Filedriver Win95
> Pietermaritzburg, South Africa
> tel +27+33+3433323

> http://users.iafrica.com/m/mo/motosana/

Sun, 11 Aug 2002 03:00:00 GMT
 How many personnel from TS are now at EDATA
And beauty is in the eye of the beer-holder.

--
Best regards,
James Cooke

Sun, 11 Aug 2002 03:00:00 GMT
 How many personnel from TS are now at EDATA

Quote:
>and, unfortunately,>arrogance is in the eye of the beholder)

And beauty is in the eye of the beerholder.

Sun, 11 Aug 2002 03:00:00 GMT
 How many personnel from TS are now at EDATA
Ray,

3, count 'em 3 ex-TS employees work there. One has not worked for us for
over two years. In that time, he worked on his own, worked at JDA, then went
to eData. Another left us about a year ago, and the last about 6 months ago.
Not exactly a fast exodus.

Roy Rafalco did not want to work there, he moved on to other interests.

--
Russell B. Eggen
Topspeed Corporation

I just read a posting from some one whom I know to have been working for

heard the rumors that EData was buying up all the TS talent and TS employees
it could get. I see that long time Clarion/TS employees are now at EData and
Bruce (Mr. B) is on the board. Will TS continue or will it become EData? Is
this why development cycle is so long. Is it time for all of us to start the
process of acquiring and learning some new development tool. I am really
starting to question what is going on at TS. Did Roy go to EData or just go
else where. I feel the answers to these questions are important to help us,
the users of TS, to have some faith in the TS company and all that they will
be in the future.

Thanks & TTFN

Ray Traeger Sr.

Sun, 11 Aug 2002 03:00:00 GMT
 How many personnel from TS are now at EDATA
I too have my concerns. After several years in the customer service
business, the most important thing I have learned is that you have to keep
your customers satisfied if you wish to retain them. One of the ways of
doing this is to keep them informed of what is happening with respect to the
company and it's products and not let rumours go unacknowledged.

--
Raymond Maillard
RamaSoft Systems Limited

Quote:
> News Flash! Imagine that you are the President of a company
> and imagine that you started to read a healthy measure of
> discontent at your newsgroup.

> Would you keep silent? I sure wouldn't. For one, I would
> realize that my user base represents everything. Do I want
> others to even CONSIDER another development tool such
> as WinDev? No way!

> What alarms me most of all is the deafening silence that
> emanates from TS.

Sun, 11 Aug 2002 03:00:00 GMT

 [ 30 post ]  Go to page: [1] [2] [3]

 Relevant Pages

1. Ts 3.1 src in Ts 1.17

2. What is edata?

3. eData and Laywers....

4. eData.com is currently interviewing....

5. Personnel Agencies view of Clarion

6. Looking for calendar.exe used in the Topspeed's Personnel.app

7. Source Code for Personnel System

8. Personnel Scheduling Software

9. PIERCE COLLEGE ROUNDUP PERSONNEL

10. Alsys Personnel with INTERNET/USENET Connectivity

11. MF ,cobol personnel wanted

12. I am not deaf, but am I mute?