Help with file drop combo box new entries
Author Message
 Help with file drop combo box new entries

I am using C5bPE and ABC:

I have a File Drop Combo Box which lists the Customers file on the programs
main Add/Update form. The user wants to be able to click a button to add new
Customers - I have all this working with one LARGE exception! After the new
record is added the FDCB does not show the new record. If I close the form
and reopen (not a viable solution) then all is well. How do I force an
Update of the FDCB or whatever is necessary to get the added record to
display in the list? Thanks in advance. . .

Joseph R. "Mac" MacKay

Fri, 06 Jun 2003 06:28:49 GMT
 Help with file drop combo box new entries
Hi Joseph,

        I use a Queue reset after I've completed
        the addition of a new record.  The statement
        is :

        FDCBxx.ResetQueue(1)

        Use your FileDrop's number in the xx place.

        Regards,

        Lew Strock
-----

Quote:

>I am using C5bPE and ABC:

>I have a File Drop Combo Box which lists the Customers file on the programs
>main Add/Update form. The user wants to be able to click a button to add new
>Customers - I have all this working with one LARGE exception! After the new
>record is added the FDCB does not show the new record. If I close the form
>and reopen (not a viable solution) then all is well. How do I force an
>Update of the FDCB or whatever is necessary to get the added record to
>display in the list? Thanks in advance. . .

>Joseph R. "Mac" MacKay

Fri, 06 Jun 2003 12:39:20 GMT
 Help with file drop combo box new entries
Mac

I reset my drop on the selected embed, and it works fine.

Self.Reset(1)

HTH
Faron

Quote:

> I am using C5bPE and ABC:

> I have a File Drop Combo Box which lists the Customers file on the
programs
> main Add/Update form. The user wants to be able to click a button to add
new
> Customers - I have all this working with one LARGE exception! After the
new
> record is added the FDCB does not show the new record. If I close the form
> and reopen (not a viable solution) then all is well. How do I force an
> Update of the FDCB or whatever is necessary to get the added record to
> display in the list? Thanks in advance. . .

> Joseph R. "Mac" MacKay

Fri, 06 Jun 2003 15:39:14 GMT

1. Remove duplicates entries not working on file drop combo box

2. Inserting new value from file drop-down combo box

3. Help with File-Drop Combo Box behavior

4. Drop Down Combo Box Removing Duplicate Entries

5. Select from File Drop Combo Box ?

6. File Drop Down Combo Box

7. File Drop Combo Boxes...

8. Help on Drop Combo Boxes....

9. Help With Problem On Drop Down Combo Box

10. Drop combo related to another drop combo

11. Drop Combo dependent on another drop combo

12. Drop Down Combo Box Issue?