One solution to File Sharing problems on Win 95/NT networks
Author Message
 One solution to File Sharing problems on Win 95/NT networks

We had some significant data corruption problems on a CD3009 system when we
moved from a Lantastic to Windows NT NOS.

It appeared that users were not getting synchronised views of the data,
resulting in duplicate (auto) keys, missing data etc.

After much searching I discovered Microsoft Knowledge Base article Q152186,
which I recommend to anyone having problems like this. It solved most of
our problems.

Regards

--

Bas Groeneveld, Benchmark Design < http://www.*-*-*.com/ ~bas>
902 Havelock St, Ballarat, VIC  3350, Australia

Sat, 16 Mar 2002 03:00:00 GMT
 One solution to File Sharing problems on Win 95/NT networks
Bas, MSDN can't find article Q152186 if its typed in as a search word, can
you give us what words you typed in or the link to the article.

cheers

Sun, 17 Mar 2002 03:00:00 GMT
 One solution to File Sharing problems on Win 95/NT networks
The article in question can be located at:
http://support.microsoft.com/support/kb/articles/Q152/1/86.asp

Also, I've found the following related article to be useful:
http://support.microsoft.com/support/kb/articles/Q148/3/67.asp

Regards,

Terry Bouvier
Sydney, Australia

Quote:
>Bas, MSDN can't find article Q152186 if its typed in as a search word, can
>you give us what words you typed in or the link to the article.

>cheers

Sun, 17 Mar 2002 03:00:00 GMT

1. Sharing Btrieve file on Win 95 network

2. Problem with CLipper/Win′95 Workstation/win NT server (one SOLUTION)

3. File locking in Win 95/Win NT

4. Clip 5.3 DOS App Crawls under Win 95 and NT Network

5. Using shared printers in Windows 95 Network - Problem

6. DOS Error 5 / 55 / Max Open Files on Win 95 Network

7. Object Rexx (Win 95/NT ) RunTime Files

8. Win 95 / NT requester problem

9. Refresh performance problems on Win NT / 95

10. XDS for Win NT and Win 95 now available

11. SmallEiffel -0.82 for DOS, Win NT, Win 95

12. Win '95 DDE calls in ObjectREXX for Windows 95/NT