Does not work with TPS but works with DBF 
Author Message
 Does not work with TPS but works with DBF

I have posted the question below due to problems in searching records (to
update) using TPS.  I tested the same code using DBF (Clipper with the same
KeyIndex)  which was the original file before I converted it to TPS.

I have no problems with the DBF file.  But it does not work with the TPS
file.

What seems to be the problem?

Thanks.

Roy San Buenaventura

Quote:

=====
>I have an update process using Transaction(TRAN) and Masterfile(MAST).
>Masterfile is indexed on IDNO.  I use the following codes in an embed point:
>!---------------------
>MAST:IDNo=TRAN:IDNo
>Access:Masterfile.Fetch(MAST:KeyIDNo)
>if MAST:IDNo<>TRAN:IDNo
>  stop('MAST '&MAST:IDNo)
>  stop('TRAN '&TRAN:IDNo)
>else
>  !  Update commands here
>end

>I used the comparison of the MAST and TRAN IDNo to check if there is a match
>since the actual code is not working well. I used the stop command to check
>the value of MAST and TRAN Idno after the search.  MAST is blank while TRAN
>has still the value.

>Manual searching of the MAST using the Dictionary editor browsing can locate
>the right record using a constant value but the random reading of the file
>using the FETCH or GET is not working inside the embed point.  I am using
>C5EE.

>What seems to be the problem?

>Thank you very much.

>Roy San Buenaventura




Mon, 05 Aug 2002 03:00:00 GMT  
 Does not work with TPS but works with DBF
On Thu, 17 Feb 2000 02:40:47 -0500, Roy San Buenaventura

Quote:

>I have no problems with the DBF file.  But it does not work with the TPS
>file.

>What seems to be the problem?

Hi!

Did you rebuild the indexes after the conversion DBF -> TPS.
And send FULLBUILD string to the TPS driver before build.

HTH

Miroslav

*** *** *** *** *** *** *** *** ***
*** Miroslav Benak

*** Clarion Paranoid Home
*** www.open.hr/~mbenak
*** *** *** *** *** *** *** *** ***



Mon, 05 Aug 2002 03:00:00 GMT  
 Does not work with TPS but works with DBF
I have used the REBUILD function in the Topspeed Database Scanner, but it is
still not working.  Any other ideas?
Quote:

>On Thu, 17 Feb 2000 02:40:47 -0500, Roy San Buenaventura

>>I have no problems with the DBF file.  But it does not work with the TPS
>>file.

>>What seems to be the problem?

>Hi!

>Did you rebuild the indexes after the conversion DBF -> TPS.
>And send FULLBUILD string to the TPS driver before build.

>HTH

>Miroslav

>*** *** *** *** *** *** *** *** ***
>*** Miroslav Benak

>*** Clarion Paranoid Home
>*** www.open.hr/~mbenak
>*** *** *** *** *** *** *** *** ***



Mon, 05 Aug 2002 03:00:00 GMT  
 Does not work with TPS but works with DBF
On Thu, 17 Feb 2000 09:12:14 -0500, Roy San Buenaventura

Quote:

>I have used the REBUILD function in the Topspeed Database Scanner, but it is
>still not working.  Any other ideas?

What version of Clarion are you using?

Miroslav



Mon, 05 Aug 2002 03:00:00 GMT  
 Does not work with TPS but works with DBF
Roy,

Quote:
> I moved the DBF record to the TPS record

Do you mean like: TPS:Record = DBF:Record ?
That's really dangereux since dbf-fields differ from
the way tps stores them.
If you only want to convert a DBF file to a TPS file
then you can let the dictionary create a conversion
program for you.

--
Best regards,
Maarten
C5EEb - ABC
Certainly Clarion Developer



Tue, 06 Aug 2002 03:00:00 GMT  
 
 [ 5 post ] 

 Relevant Pages 

1. FileName as Runtime Variable not working for .tps files

2. TPS ODBC Beta Driver Not Working With ASP

3. 5.2 Network application works with 95, does not work with 98

4. Does the Autosave works in Excel , if not how to make it work in my program

5. Work library not same as current working library

6. Jobs, Jobs, Jobs, Work, Work, Work

7. REALdatabase not null and primary key not working

8. NOT Allow Inserts not working

9. Q: (IF WS-VAR NOT = SPACE) does not work in DBCS context

10. tcl/tk man pages use .HS, not .TH for title, so man -k does not work

11. CW2.0 - Convert Doesn't Work Properly on My TPS File

12. TPS file with all dimension fields.....doesn't work

 

 
Powered by phpBB® Forum Software