How do I create PIE graphs and Bar charts using Clarion 5.5
Author Message
 How do I create PIE graphs and Bar charts using Clarion 5.5

Does anybody know how to create pie graphs and bar charts using
Clarion 5.5 ?  Do I need to use a 3rd party addon ?

Tue, 20 Dec 2005 17:43:46 GMT
 How do I create PIE graphs and Bar charts using Clarion 5.5
Tony;

I drew a bar chart yesterday, for the first time. It looked amazingly good
for as little trouble as I went to. My bars were horizontil ... it went
something like this:

  SETPENWIDTH(2)

  LOOP Y=0 TO 7
    LINE(286,YPOS+Y,Score,0)
  END

The reason I used a loop is because when you set the pen width to, say 8 or
10, the lines don't look so good. The loop above paints a bar that
corresponds to a score beside it. I also have a case statement that uses
SETPENCOLOR to color the bar. That's it ... all there is to it. Easy
squeegy, no template, no third party add ons, no nothin'.

To create a Pie chart, use the PIE( x ,y ,width ,height ,slices ,colors
[,depth] [,wholevalue] [,startangle] ) command (see the help file).

Clarion continues to amaze me with the power of its native language.

HTH

Greg

Quote:
> Does anybody know how to create pie graphs and bar charts using
> Clarion 5.5 ?  Do I need to use a 3rd party addon ?

Wed, 21 Dec 2005 01:00:01 GMT
 How do I create PIE graphs and Bar charts using Clarion 5.5
We use Insight Graphing from CapeSoft. Works great, is easy to use and you
can select from a huge selection of different charts. Adding a legend is
done with a few filling in a few prompts.

Of course, Crystal Reports is also a good choice if you want reports with
graphs and so on.

HTH,

Dries

Quote:
> Does anybody know how to create pie graphs and bar charts using
> Clarion 5.5 ?  Do I need to use a 3rd party addon ?

Sat, 24 Dec 2005 15:32:03 GMT

1. How do I create pie graphs, bar charts using Clarion 5.5

2. bar/pie charts on mainframe using COBOL?

3. tools to generate VRML code for bar plots, pie charts, etc

4. Clarion 5.5 EE using the Clarion Templates - No Take New Selection Embed

5. Clarion 5.5 What am I doing wrong????

6. Easy Pie Charts/Graphs/Plots on Win32

7. Bar and Pie Graphs

8. module for pie and bar graphs

9. Clearing a clarion PIE chart

10. bar graphs / histograms & charts

11. using OCX with clarion 5.5 beta 2

12. Convert Clarion 2.0 app to Clarion 5.5 apps.