How do you create a folder within Clarion 4
Author Message
 How do you create a folder within Clarion 4

I want to create some folders (directories) within the folder that an
application is running with coding in the application. I have tried
using RUN('MD FolderName') and get an error message that says 'File not
found'. Is this because 'MD' can only be used in DOS? Any help would be
appreciated.

thanks

Chuck Tart

Sent via Deja.com
http://www.*-*-*.com/

Mon, 02 Jun 2003 20:25:44 GMT
 How do you create a folder within Clarion 4

Quote:

> I want to create some folders (directories) within the folder that an
> application is running with coding in the application. I have tried
> using RUN('MD FolderName') and get an error message that says 'File
not
> found'. Is this because 'MD' can only be used in DOS? Any help would
be
> appreciated.

> thanks

> Chuck Tart

> Sent via Deja.com
> http://www.deja.com/

I use the CreateDirectory API. It is Prototyped like this:

CreateDirectory(*CString,long),BOOL,Pascal,RAW,name
('CreateDirectoryA'),proc

And I call it using the following:

Loc:sReturn = CreateDirectory(loc:path,0)

Where LOC:SReturn is a short and the loc:Path is the full path to the
diredtory you want to create typed as a cstring(260).

HTH,
  Matt Heuerman
  Innovative Software Solutions

Sent via Deja.com
http://www.deja.com/

Tue, 03 Jun 2003 00:15:28 GMT
 How do you create a folder within Clarion 4
Create a Bat file and then run it  , works fine expecialy if you run
it in background with powerun

   Warm regards

     Elli

CW5peB,TPS,Legacy   , win98

Tue, 03 Jun 2003 05:20:00 GMT
 How do you create a folder within Clarion 4
Tart,
You can either use the API CreateDirectoy Or include the standard C library
( CLIB.LIB) and use MkDir(*Cstring,Short),Short .
Result = MkDir(PathToFolder,Attributes)

X.

Quote:
> I want to create some folders (directories) within the folder that an
> application is running with coding in the application. I have tried
> using RUN('MD FolderName') and get an error message that says 'File not
> found'. Is this because 'MD' can only be used in DOS? Any help would be
> appreciated.

> thanks

> Chuck Tart

> Sent via Deja.com
> http://www.deja.com/

Tue, 03 Jun 2003 14:45:17 GMT

1. creating folders and sub folders

2. Create a directory from within clarion

3. Clarion MDI dlls called from VB - well done clarion

4. How to delete all files in a folder from within app

5. running a tcl script from within a sub folder

6. automatic creation of folders within a fortran program

7. creating a folder on a specific disk

8. How to create a folder?

9. How to create directory or multi level folder

10. Create File in Windows Folder

11. Creating folders and items on the desktop.

12. WIN API to create folder on C: drive