How to Specify Variable FileName(!FileName)In Report
Author Message
 How to Specify Variable FileName(!FileName)In Report

Dear Developers,

I am using Cw4-report to do my reports using TopSpeed File Manager.

My Files use variable filename defined within my app.exe.

How do I include this in the report library so that it does not prompt
for the filename each time the report is run.

TIA

Femi

Sat, 23 Mar 2002 03:00:00 GMT
 How to Specify Variable FileName(!FileName)In Report
I ended up building a small program that scanned the text libary .txr file
(it is just an ASCII file).  It locates the variable file names and
replaces them with the file names from an external lookup database that
the program looks to to figure out where things are.

    Tim

Quote:

--
Tim Phillips
Vermont Agency of Natural Resources

Sat, 23 Mar 2002 03:00:00 GMT
 How to Specify Variable FileName(!FileName)In Report
Philip,

Thanks for the info, please can you give me some codes, library text file
format, etc.
Thanks

Quote:

> I ended up building a small program that scanned the text libary .txr file
> (it is just an ASCII file).  It locates the variable file names and
> replaces them with the file names from an external lookup database that
> the program looks to to figure out where things are.

>     Tim

> > Dear Developers,

> > I am using Cw4-report to do my reports using TopSpeed File Manager.

> > My Files use variable filename defined within my app.exe.

> > How do I include this in the report library so that it does not prompt
> > for the filename each time the report is run.

> > TIA

> > Femi

> --
> Tim Phillips
> Vermont Agency of Natural Resources
> Department of Environmental Conservation

Sun, 24 Mar 2002 03:00:00 GMT

1. Using variable filename(!FILENAME)

2. Printing Report To Variable DOS Filenames

3. Long Filenames okay for physical filenames???

4. REQUIRES filename (NEEDS filename)

5. DOS 8.3 filenames (how to remove long filenames header)

6. Library os.path.isfile(filename) - long filenames error.

7. Adding PC Filename Extensions to Macintosh Filenames

8. Using Variable Filenames and Paths

9. filename variable

10. How to open a file with a variable filename

11. Variable filename HELP ?

12. How to define variable key-filenames?