OT: VIRUS ALERT!
Author Message
 OT: VIRUS ALERT!

Madrid, October 3, 2002 - Of the infections detected by Panda ActiveScan
over the last few hours, 19.6% were caused by the Bugbear worm, making it
the most widespread malicious code among users.

In order to spread, Bugbear takes advantage of a known Internet Explorer
vulnerability, which allows it to run when the message carrying the worm is
viewed through Outlook's preview pane. Bugbear's main danger lies in its
capacity to open port 36794. Panda Software's Virus Lab has also discovered
that Bugbear can affect peripheral devices connected to a network. This
effect is particularly evident in the case of printers, which could start to
print uncontrollably.

The best way to protect yourself against Bugbear is to have an updated
antivirus installed, which can thoroughly scan inbound and outbound mail. By
doing this, even if Bugbear tries to run, the antivirus will detect and
remove it.

In order to avoid infection, Panda Software recommends that its clients
update their antivirus solutions immediately if they have not done it yet,
from http://www.*-*-*.com/ . Similarly, users who would like to
disinfect their computers online can use the free virus scanner Panda
ActiveScan, which is also available on the company's website.

--
Ben E. Brady
Brady & Associates, LLC.

Mon, 21 Mar 2005 23:51:22 GMT
 OT: VIRUS ALERT!
On Thu, 3 Oct 2002 08:51:22 -0700, "Ben E. Brady"

Quote:

>Madrid, October 3, 2002 - Of the infections detected by Panda ActiveScan
>over the last few hours, 19.6% were caused by the Bugbear worm, making it
>the most widespread malicious code among users.

You're late Ben. Most of us have taken steps to thwart this two days
ago. This is a bad one though. Made it past my first and second line
of defense to be caught by the third.

Best Regards
Richard

The AppInit Template Set

www.sylkie.com

"Strip mine asteroids not rain forests!"

Tue, 22 Mar 2005 02:18:43 GMT

1. Product Support Services - Moderate Security Alert - Virus Alert: Klez-E

2. OT: Uncle Al ALERT!

3. EMAIL VIRUS ALERT

4. Virus Alert

5. Virus alert

6. Virus alert - I just got 3 mails w/ this, norton caught it

7. Virus Alert: Unwarrented?

8. Very Funny.vbs Virus Alert

9. FREE Virus Alert Newsletter

10. Bogus Virus Alert

11. Virus Alert - RE: Soak rice stick noodles in hot water