Drop Combo - can't get back a to blank field
Author Message
 Drop Combo - can't get back a to blank field

I'm using the ABC Drop Combo control-template.  The field is not required so
leaving it blank is OK, but if its filled, then it needs to come from the
lookup file.  If I blank the field it looks OK, but something is happening
under the covers that causes it to then default to the first entry in the
lookup list.  This is visible if I switch to a different tab and then come
back to it.  (I do -not- have default to first entry when blank option
activated.)  Any ideas?

--David

Fri, 17 Aug 2001 03:00:00 GMT
 Drop Combo - can't get back a to blank field

Quote:

> I'm using the ABC Drop Combo control-template.  The field is not required so
> leaving it blank is OK, but if its filled, then it needs to come from the
> lookup file.  If I blank the field it looks OK, but something is happening
> under the covers that causes it to then default to the first entry in the
> lookup list.  This is visible if I switch to a different tab and then come
> back to it.  (I do -not- have default to first entry when blank option
> activated.)  Any ideas?

> --David

The only solution I've found is to add a "blank" record to the drop list.  Then
I could set the
field blank.

Mon, 20 Aug 2001 03:00:00 GMT
 Drop Combo - can't get back a to blank field
The Drop Combo template in C4 has this error. We have found the control to
default to the first entry when you go to another drop combo control. Its a
BUG the best I can tell. C5 seems to have fixed it from my quick check, but
we do not use C5 yet due to some other issues (BUGS).

David Johnson

Mon, 20 Aug 2001 03:00:00 GMT

1. Drop combo related to another drop combo

2. Drop Combo dependent on another drop combo

3. Drop combo - restore to blank condition

4. Blanking Drop Combo - C5b

5. Clear File Combo Drop Down Field?

6. Is a Drop Combo a required field?

7. passing a field out and getting info back in

8. Drop Combo's Still Broken???

9. Powerbrowse Drop Combo's

10. Urgent : drop combo's properties

11. Drop Combo to Auto Drop