Deleted .app File.. Need help desperately
Author Message
 Deleted .app File.. Need help desperately

Okay Guys...I have a HUGE application that I have been working for
several months now. I just screwed up and deleted the .app file. Is
there anyway I can use the .exe to remake it???Any Idea's?? The only
backup I have is several Version changes old and I might as well start
from Scratch. Please help!!!

Jake Keith
877 289 7972 ext 7103
205 668 7103

Sat, 16 Mar 2002 03:00:00 GMT
 Deleted .app File.. Need help desperately
.bpp file?

Quote:
> Okay Guys...I have a HUGE application that I have been working for
> several months now. I just screwed up and deleted the .app file. Is
> there anyway I can use the .exe to remake it???Any Idea's?? The only
> backup I have is several Version changes old and I might as well start
> from Scratch. Please help!!!

> Jake Keith
> 877 289 7972 ext 7103
> 205 668 7103

Sat, 16 Mar 2002 03:00:00 GMT
 Deleted .app File.. Need help desperately
Jake -

Unless you have a .BPP or can undelete the file, then you're screwed.
Of course, you could use the generated CLW files to reclain your
window design, but it won't be easy.

You might want to consider using In-Back in the future. I wrote it
just for things like this. (www.jssoftware.com)

Quote:
>Okay Guys...I have a HUGE application that I have been working for
>several months now. I just screwed up and deleted the .app file. Is
>there anyway I can use the .exe to remake it???Any Idea's?? The only
>backup I have is several Version changes old and I might as well start
>from Scratch. Please help!!!

Jeff Slarve  [Team Topspeed]
http://www.jssoftware.com

Sat, 16 Mar 2002 03:00:00 GMT
 Deleted .app File.. Need help desperately
Look for a .bpp file that is a backup of your app file.  That might help
just rename .bpp to .app

Quote:

--

Thanks
Eric Jacobowitz

http://www.castlecomputer.com
Direct Fax Number 1.209.729.4590

Sat, 16 Mar 2002 03:00:00 GMT
 Deleted .app File.. Need help desperately
Jake

Look for a file with the same name as you app file with a BPP extension.
That would be a backup file to your app file that is automatically
created by Clarion.  Just change the extension to APP and your back in
business.

Having done this myself I feel your pain.<g>  I purchased Inback and now
use it to create backups of my apps several times a day usually after
each successful addition of a new feature or a complex procedure.
Inback is great for this.  It has saved me more than once when I have
done something that trashes my app and I can't get it back to its
previous state.  I just restore from my last good Inback backup and try
again.  Inback has saved me more than once.  It's cheap insurance
against those occasional human errors.  Check it out a
http://www.jssoftware.com/

Gary

Quote:

> Okay Guys...I have a HUGE application that I have been working for
> several months now. I just screwed up and deleted the .app file. Is
> there anyway I can use the .exe to remake it???Any Idea's?? The only
> backup I have is several Version changes old and I might as well start
> from Scratch. Please help!!!

> Jake Keith
> 877 289 7972 ext 7103
> 205 668 7103

Sat, 16 Mar 2002 03:00:00 GMT
 Deleted .app File.. Need help desperately

says...

Quote:
> Jake -

> Unless you have a .BPP or can undelete the file, then you're screwed.
> Of course, you could use the generated CLW files to reclain your
> window design, but it won't be easy.

> You might want to consider using In-Back in the future. I wrote it
> just for things like this. (www.jssoftware.com)

Slarve of J&S Software, Inc.) :-) I hope you can restore with a .BPP
file, but RUN to:

Vendor Name - J&S Software, Inc., Contact - Jeff Slarve
Primary ID - MailMerge, Picture Buttons, In Back

Internet Link - http://www.jssoftware.com/index.html

and BUY  - In Back QUICKLY! Terrific piece of software!

In Back web page
http://www.jssoftware.com/Products/In_Back/in_back.html

You get a 30 day free trial to test it, but my guess is that it will only
take a day or two to realize it's money well spent for the unlimited
version.

I recommend using it with a Zip drive - excellent combination!

Dave
--
From Encourager Software - Dave Troxell,

Author of Product Scope 32 Bookmarks -
Profile Exchanges - Clarion Third Party, Clarion Application,
Newsgroup - Email, HTML, PRO Music USB, and Search Engines
http://www.encouragersoftware.com/

Sat, 16 Mar 2002 03:00:00 GMT
 Deleted .app File.. Need help desperately

Quote:

> Okay Guys...I have a HUGE application that I have been working for
> several months now. I just screwed up and deleted the .app file. Is
> there anyway I can use the .exe to remake it???Any Idea's?? The only
> backup I have is several Version changes old and I might as well start
> from Scratch. Please help!!!

> Jake Keith
> 877 289 7972 ext 7103
> 205 668 7103

  Clarion makes a backup every time you save.  Look for a file with your
file name and the extention .bpp  copy it to     (yourfilename).app
and you're in bussiness.
Bob

Sat, 16 Mar 2002 03:00:00 GMT
 Deleted .app File.. Need help desperately
Thanks Dave and Gary  :-)

Quote:

>says...
>> Jake -

>> Unless you have a .BPP or can undelete the file, then you're screwed.
>> Of course, you could use the generated CLW files to reclain your
>> window design, but it won't be easy.

>> You might want to consider using In-Back in the future. I wrote it
>> just for things like this. (www.jssoftware.com)

>Slarve of J&S Software, Inc.) :-) I hope you can restore with a .BPP
>file, but RUN to:

>Vendor Name - J&S Software, Inc., Contact - Jeff Slarve
>Primary ID - MailMerge, Picture Buttons, In Back

>Internet Link - http://www.jssoftware.com/index.html

>and BUY  - In Back QUICKLY! Terrific piece of software!

>In Back web page
>http://www.jssoftware.com/Products/In_Back/in_back.html

>You get a 30 day free trial to test it, but my guess is that it will only
>take a day or two to realize it's money well spent for the unlimited
>version.

>I recommend using it with a Zip drive - excellent combination!

>Dave

Jeff Slarve  [Team Topspeed]
http://www.jssoftware.com

Sat, 16 Mar 2002 03:00:00 GMT
 Deleted .app File.. Need help desperately
Jake,

You have had a lot of good suggestions to look for the .BPP  If you have
lost that as well you might just have a file ending .AP~  which is an
interim .app backup created by the AppGen

One idea for future reference is to make regular TXAs - they are quick &
easy to do. Just go to File/Export Text

HTH,

Mike
--
*** SearchFlash - 3 templates in one ***
*** BackFlash *** CopyFlash ***  IMPEX data exchange templates ***

Sun, 17 Mar 2002 03:00:00 GMT
 Deleted .app File.. Need help desperately
if you can get hold of win 95 resource kit, the dos undelete command is on
that disk (according to MS). You could try that.

http://msdn.microsoft.com/isapi/msdnlib.idc?theURL=/library/winresour...
n95/s732b.htm

Sun, 17 Mar 2002 03:00:00 GMT
 Deleted .app File.. Need help desperately
Hi
From now on run this at least once a day every day.
After 10 days you oldest backup will be in arc10 and your current one
in arc1.
You will have your last 10 backups on harddrive!
You must backup to stiffy as well, of course, or like I do, to my
removable hard drive.

md arc1
md arc1\arc2
md arc1\arc2\arc3
md arc1\arc2\arc3\arc4
md arc1\arc2\arc3\arc4\arc5
md arc1\arc2\arc3\arc4\arc5\arc6
md arc1\arc2\arc3\arc4\arc5\arc6\arc7
md arc1\arc2\arc3\arc4\arc5\arc6\arc7\arc8
md arc1\arc2\arc3\arc4\arc5\arc6\arc7\arc8\arc9
md arc1\arc2\arc3\arc4\arc5\arc6\arc7\arc8\arc9\arc10
copy /v arc1\arc2\arc3\arc4\arc5\arc6\arc7\arc8\arc9\z*.exe
arc1\arc2\arc3\arc4\arc5\arc6\arc7\arc8\arc9\arc10
copy /Y arc1\arc2\arc3\arc4\arc5\arc6\arc7\arc8\z*.exe
arc1\arc2\arc3\arc4\arc5\arc6\arc7\arc8\arc9
copy /Y arc1\arc2\arc3\arc4\arc5\arc6\arc7\z*.exe
arc1\arc2\arc3\arc4\arc5\arc6\arc7\arc8
copy /Y arc1\arc2\arc3\arc4\arc5\arc6\z*.exe
arc1\arc2\arc3\arc4\arc5\arc6\arc7
copy /Y arc1\arc2\arc3\arc4\arc5\z*.exe arc1\arc2\arc3\arc4\arc5\arc6
copy /Y arc1\arc2\arc3\arc4\z*.exe arc1\arc2\arc3\arc4\arc5
copy /Y arc1\arc2\arc3\z*.exe arc1\arc2\arc3\arc4
copy /Y arc1\arc2\z*.exe arc1\arc2\arc3
copy /Y arc1\z*.exe arc1\arc2
del zbip???.*
pkzip zbipapp.zip bip*.dct bip*.app *.ezh *.bat *.wmf *.tpl *.tpw
*.dll *.ico *.INI
zip2exe zbipapp.zip
pkzip zbipdat.zip *.TPS
zip2exe zbipdat.zip
PKZIP ZBIPEXE BIP*.EXE
ZIP2EXE ZBIPEXE
copy /y zbip???.exe arc1
rem this last line copies to my removable darddrive
copy zbip???.exe d:\JVZHome2\Clarion5\Apps\Bip

Quote:
>Okay Guys...I have a HUGE application that I have been working for
>several months now. I just screwed up and deleted the .app file. Is
>there anyway I can use the .exe to remake it???Any Idea's?? The only
>backup I have is several Version changes old and I might as well start
>from Scratch. Please help!!!

>Jake Keith
>877 289 7972 ext 7103
>205 668 7103

greetings from Johan van Zyl
Somerset West
South Africa

Clarion 5ee, FM2
Customised Software

Wed, 20 Mar 2002 03:00:00 GMT
 Deleted .app File.. Need help desperately
Hi Johan,

That must be on one humungus hard drive.  <g>

Regards,
Earl

Quote:
> Hi
> From now on run this at least once a day every day.
> After 10 days you oldest backup will be in arc10 and your current one
> in arc1.
> You will have your last 10 backups on harddrive!
> You must backup to stiffy as well, of course, or like I do, to my
> removable hard drive.

> md arc1
> md arc1\arc2
> md arc1\arc2\arc3
> md arc1\arc2\arc3\arc4
> md arc1\arc2\arc3\arc4\arc5
> md arc1\arc2\arc3\arc4\arc5\arc6
> md arc1\arc2\arc3\arc4\arc5\arc6\arc7
> md arc1\arc2\arc3\arc4\arc5\arc6\arc7\arc8
> md arc1\arc2\arc3\arc4\arc5\arc6\arc7\arc8\arc9
> md arc1\arc2\arc3\arc4\arc5\arc6\arc7\arc8\arc9\arc10
> copy /v arc1\arc2\arc3\arc4\arc5\arc6\arc7\arc8\arc9\z*.exe
> arc1\arc2\arc3\arc4\arc5\arc6\arc7\arc8\arc9\arc10
> copy /Y arc1\arc2\arc3\arc4\arc5\arc6\arc7\arc8\z*.exe
> arc1\arc2\arc3\arc4\arc5\arc6\arc7\arc8\arc9
> copy /Y arc1\arc2\arc3\arc4\arc5\arc6\arc7\z*.exe
> arc1\arc2\arc3\arc4\arc5\arc6\arc7\arc8
> copy /Y arc1\arc2\arc3\arc4\arc5\arc6\z*.exe
> arc1\arc2\arc3\arc4\arc5\arc6\arc7
> copy /Y arc1\arc2\arc3\arc4\arc5\z*.exe arc1\arc2\arc3\arc4\arc5\arc6
> copy /Y arc1\arc2\arc3\arc4\z*.exe arc1\arc2\arc3\arc4\arc5
> copy /Y arc1\arc2\arc3\z*.exe arc1\arc2\arc3\arc4
> copy /Y arc1\arc2\z*.exe arc1\arc2\arc3
> copy /Y arc1\z*.exe arc1\arc2
> del zbip???.*
> pkzip zbipapp.zip bip*.dct bip*.app *.ezh *.bat *.wmf *.tpl *.tpw
> *.dll *.ico *.INI
> zip2exe zbipapp.zip
> pkzip zbipdat.zip *.TPS
> zip2exe zbipdat.zip
> PKZIP ZBIPEXE BIP*.EXE
> ZIP2EXE ZBIPEXE
> copy /y zbip???.exe arc1
> rem this last line copies to my removable darddrive
> copy zbip???.exe d:\JVZHome2\Clarion5\Apps\Bip

> >Okay Guys...I have a HUGE application that I have been working for
> >several months now. I just screwed up and deleted the .app file. Is
> >there anyway I can use the .exe to remake it???Any Idea's?? The only
> >backup I have is several Version changes old and I might as well start
> >from Scratch. Please help!!!

> >Jake Keith
> >877 289 7972 ext 7103
> >205 668 7103

> greetings from Johan van Zyl
> Somerset West
> South Africa

> Clarion 5ee, FM2
> Customised Software

Wed, 20 Mar 2002 03:00:00 GMT
 Deleted .app File.. Need help desperately

Subject: Re: Deleted .app File.. Need help desperately

Hi
From now on run this at least once a day every day.
After 10 days you oldest backup will be in arc10 and your current one
in arc1.
You will have your last 10 backups on harddrive!
You must backup to stiffy as well, of course, or like I do, to my
removable hard drive.

md arc1
md arc1\arc2
md arc1\arc2\arc3
md arc1\arc2\arc3\arc4
md arc1\arc2\arc3\arc4\arc5
md arc1\arc2\arc3\arc4\arc5\arc6
md arc1\arc2\arc3\arc4\arc5\arc6\arc7
md arc1\arc2\arc3\arc4\arc5\arc6\arc7\arc8
md arc1\arc2\arc3\arc4\arc5\arc6\arc7\arc8\arc9
md arc1\arc2\arc3\arc4\arc5\arc6\arc7\arc8\arc9\arc10
copy /v arc1\arc2\arc3\arc4\arc5\arc6\arc7\arc8\arc9\z*.exe
arc1\arc2\arc3\arc4\arc5\arc6\arc7\arc8\arc9\arc10
copy /Y arc1\arc2\arc3\arc4\arc5\arc6\arc7\arc8\z*.exe
arc1\arc2\arc3\arc4\arc5\arc6\arc7\arc8\arc9
copy /Y arc1\arc2\arc3\arc4\arc5\arc6\arc7\z*.exe
arc1\arc2\arc3\arc4\arc5\arc6\arc7\arc8
copy /Y arc1\arc2\arc3\arc4\arc5\arc6\z*.exe
arc1\arc2\arc3\arc4\arc5\arc6\arc7
copy /Y arc1\arc2\arc3\arc4\arc5\z*.exe arc1\arc2\arc3\arc4\arc5\arc6
copy /Y arc1\arc2\arc3\arc4\z*.exe arc1\arc2\arc3\arc4\arc5
copy /Y arc1\arc2\arc3\z*.exe arc1\arc2\arc3\arc4
copy /Y arc1\arc2\z*.exe arc1\arc2\arc3
copy /Y arc1\z*.exe arc1\arc2
del zbip???.*
pkzip zbipapp.zip bip*.dct bip*.app *.ezh *.bat *.wmf *.tpl *.tpw
*.dll *.ico *.INI
zip2exe zbipapp.zip
pkzip zbipdat.zip *.TPS
zip2exe zbipdat.zip
PKZIP ZBIPEXE BIP*.EXE
ZIP2EXE ZBIPEXE
copy /y zbip???.exe arc1
rem this last line copies to my removable darddrive
copy zbip???.exe d:\JVZHome2\Clarion5\Apps\Bip

Quote:
>Okay Guys...I have a HUGE application that I have been working for
>several months now. I just screwed up and deleted the .app file. Is
>there anyway I can use the .exe to remake it???Any Idea's?? The only
>backup I have is several Version changes old and I might as well start
>from Scratch. Please help!!!

>Jake Keith
>877 289 7972 ext 7103
>205 668 7103

greetings from Johan van Zyl
Somerset West
South Africa

Clarion 5ee, FM2
Customised Software

Wed, 20 Mar 2002 03:00:00 GMT

1. need help with rename-file/delete-file

2. App-Ref: Need to break up a large App, App-Ref can help

3. Need help with deleting Files

4. Desperately needing help on Win95 print spool

5. Desperately need help with Cut/Copy/Paste functions

6. Desperately need help with YACC grammar

7. In need of help, desperately!

8. desperately need help!!!!!

9. Run-Time Error Help Desperately Needed!

10. desperately need help with cgi.rb

11. help needed desperately

12. xilinx help *desperately* needed