Create NT service with Clarion !
Author Message
 Create NT service with Clarion !

Hi !

I have an APP that currently run in the system tray !
I want that APP to run as NT service on NT/2000 machines ?

How can I do that, any help will be apreciated.

Tanx.

Fri, 21 Nov 2003 02:04:55 GMT
 Create NT service with Clarion !
The fastest and easiest way... AppToService from www.basta.com.

--
Lee White

Lodestar Software: www.CWaddons.com
DeveloperPLUS, your source for tools and services: www.DeveloperPLUS.com

Quote:
> Hi !

> I have an APP that currently run in the system tray !
> I want that APP to run as NT service on NT/2000 machines ?

Fri, 21 Nov 2003 07:58:26 GMT
 Create NT service with Clarion !
according to http://www.tomruby.com/clarion/clarion.htm
the ABC Free templates have stuff for NT service
        Tim
Quote:

> Hi !

> I have an APP that currently run in the system tray !
> I want that APP to run as NT service on NT/2000 machines ?

> How can I do that, any help will be apreciated.

> Tanx.

Fri, 21 Nov 2003 19:39:49 GMT
 Create NT service with Clarion !
Thanks a lot guys.

I'll check this out !

    BTW, does ABC Free replace some standard template or just add new ??

Quote:
> according to http://www.tomruby.com/clarion/clarion.htm
> the ABC Free templates have stuff for NT service
>         Tim

> > Hi !

> > I have an APP that currently run in the system tray !
> > I want that APP to run as NT service on NT/2000 machines ?

> > How can I do that, any help will be apreciated.

> > Tanx.

Fri, 21 Nov 2003 20:38:46 GMT
 Create NT service with Clarion !
Hi Pat,

Be aware that you cannot turn a multi-threaded app into a service. If you
use "Start" at all then the threading falls over when made a service.
apparently this is something that will be fixed when they fix the threading
in the RTL...

Cheers
Bruce Johnson
CapeSoft

Quote:
> Hi !

> I have an APP that currently run in the system tray !
> I want that APP to run as NT service on NT/2000 machines ?

> How can I do that, any help will be apreciated.

> Tanx.

Fri, 21 Nov 2003 21:28:37 GMT
 Create NT service with Clarion !
it modifies 4 templates (it will put the originals in a spot on your PC
where you can get at them if you need to).

These changes are invisible that I can see.
Past that, it adds a whole slew of neat templates to do things that the
"standard" templates generally do not provide.

        Tim

Quote:

> Thanks a lot guys.

> I'll check this out !

>     BTW, does ABC Free replace some standard template or just add new ??

> > according to http://www.tomruby.com/clarion/clarion.htm
> > the ABC Free templates have stuff for NT service
> >         Tim

> > > Hi !

> > > I have an APP that currently run in the system tray !
> > > I want that APP to run as NT service on NT/2000 machines ?

> > > How can I do that, any help will be apreciated.

> > > Tanx.

Fri, 21 Nov 2003 22:41:23 GMT
 Create NT service with Clarion !
Bruce,

This is not a problem with AppToService. I've had a C5 application with
8+ threads, timers and SocketTools running on NT4 and W2K-Server for
years... works like a charm.

--
Lee White

Lodestar Software: www.CWaddons.com
DeveloperPLUS, your source for tools and services: www.DeveloperPLUS.com

Quote:
> Hi Pat,

> Be aware that you cannot turn a multi-threaded app into a service. If
you
> use "Start" at all then the threading falls over when made a service.
> apparently this is something that will be fixed when they fix the
threading
> in the RTL...

Fri, 21 Nov 2003 22:53:06 GMT

1. CREATING A NT SERVICE

2. py2exe Error creating NT Service

3. Creating and Installing Python NT Services

4. Running Clarion as a NT service.

5. Clarion slow under NT service pack 6

6. Clarion apps as NT Services Application

7. Running a Clarion program as an NT service

8. Clarion App as an NT Service

9. Clarion App as an NT service

10. CW BUG: Clarion Apps / NT Services

11. Clarion Application Profile Exchange - Advertise your Clarion Created Application

12. Creating standandalone Services