Prop:Label & Prop:Name with CW5b
Author Message
 Prop:Label & Prop:Name with CW5b

Hello Gang,

Has anybody been able to get either Prop:Label or Prop:Name to return
the Label of a file in CW5 and if so How?

TIA

Kerry McNally

Sun, 21 Aug 2005 08:40:34 GMT
 Prop:Label & Prop:Name with CW5b
Comes in handy when using a reference variable for the file...

ReferenceV_File    &FILE

FileLabelString = ReferenceV_File{PROP:LABEL}
FirstFieldLabelString = ReferenceV_File{PROP:LABEL,1}
FileNameString = ReferenceV_File{PROP:NAME}

Check the docs for more on addressing fields, keys, blobs and memos.

I don't remember having any problems with it in C5.

HTH,
David Bratovich

Quote:
> Hello Gang,

> Has anybody been able to get either Prop:Label or Prop:Name to return
> the Label of a file in CW5 and if so How?

> TIA

> Kerry McNally

Sun, 21 Aug 2005 09:39:20 GMT
 Prop:Label & Prop:Name with CW5b
Hello David,

Thanks for your reply.
How could it be applied to the following loop?
I am having trouble getting the file label to the Build statement.

 CLEAR(DataFileQ)
  DIRECTORY(DataFileQ,'*.tps',ff_:NORMAL)
  DIRECTORY(DataFileQ,'TT_*.DAT',ff_:NORMAL)
  SORT(DataFileQ,FileName)
  LOOP I# = 1 TO RECORDS(DataFileQ)
  Get(DataFileQ,I#)
  Stop(FileName)
!  DataFileQ{Prop:Name} = FileLab
  FileLab = DataFileQ{Prop:Name}
  Stop(FileLab)
 ! Build(FileName)
  .
  Return

TIA

Kerry McNally

On Tue, 4 Mar 2003 17:39:20 -0800, "David Bratovich"

Quote:

>Comes in handy when using a reference variable for the file...

>ReferenceV_File    &FILE

>FileLabelString = ReferenceV_File{PROP:LABEL}
>FirstFieldLabelString = ReferenceV_File{PROP:LABEL,1}
>FileNameString = ReferenceV_File{PROP:NAME}

>Check the docs for more on addressing fields, keys, blobs and memos.

>I don't remember having any problems with it in C5.

>HTH,
>David Bratovich

>> Hello Gang,

>> Has anybody been able to get either Prop:Label or Prop:Name to return
>> the Label of a file in CW5 and if so How?

>> TIA

>> Kerry McNally

Wed, 24 Aug 2005 13:57:43 GMT
 Prop:Label & Prop:Name with CW5b
Kerry,
Check you mail box, I responded off list.
db

Quote:
> Hello David,

> Thanks for your reply.
> How could it be applied to the following loop?
> I am having trouble getting the file label to the Build statement.

>  CLEAR(DataFileQ)
>   DIRECTORY(DataFileQ,'*.tps',ff_:NORMAL)
>   DIRECTORY(DataFileQ,'TT_*.DAT',ff_:NORMAL)
>   SORT(DataFileQ,FileName)
>   LOOP I# = 1 TO RECORDS(DataFileQ)
>   Get(DataFileQ,I#)
>   Stop(FileName)
> !  DataFileQ{Prop:Name} = FileLab
>   FileLab = DataFileQ{Prop:Name}
>   Stop(FileLab)
>  ! Build(FileName)
>   .
>   Return

> TIA

> Kerry McNally

> On Tue, 4 Mar 2003 17:39:20 -0800, "David Bratovich"

> >Comes in handy when using a reference variable for the file...

> >ReferenceV_File    &FILE

> >FileLabelString = ReferenceV_File{PROP:LABEL}
> >FirstFieldLabelString = ReferenceV_File{PROP:LABEL,1}
> >FileNameString = ReferenceV_File{PROP:NAME}

> >Check the docs for more on addressing fields, keys, blobs and memos.

> >I don't remember having any problems with it in C5.

> >HTH,
> >David Bratovich

> >> Hello Gang,

> >> Has anybody been able to get either Prop:Label or Prop:Name to return
> >> the Label of a file in CW5 and if so How?

> >> TIA

> >> Kerry McNally

Sat, 27 Aug 2005 01:59:57 GMT

1. PROP:KEY & PROP:Range

2. PROP:Sql or PROP:SqlFilter

3. Help with PROP:WITHNEXT / PROP:WITHPRIOR please

4. Obtain Prop:SQLFilter from Prop:Filter ??

5. PROP:SelStart,PROP:Selend ?

6. PROP:LineCount and PROP:Line are broken!

7. PROP:Wallpaper and PROP:Icon

8. ABC Template support for AppFrame{PROP:Wallpaper} and AppFrame{PROP:Icon}

9. PROP:Width, PROP:XPos anomalies

10. Questions on setting PROP:ICON, PROP:ToolTip

11. why doesn't FILE{Prop:label} work?

12. Prop:Label