Twain Programming
Author Message
 Twain Programming

Does anyone have the DLL/LIB files needed to run/control a scanner from
with in CW.  I need ro scan some documents and file them on a drive. The
program needs to control filename and file save as type....  I would need
the doc to use them to if available.

Thanks for the help.

Bill Helgeson

Wed, 24 Mar 1999 03:00:00 GMT
 Twain Programming

Hi Bill,
If you DO NOT intend to save the scanned image
into a clarion data file, then why not use
the Wang image controls.  They are free!
You get both a complete application for
scanning AND the OCX's if you want to
incorporate them into a program.

The complete application is OLE compliant.
I use it to scan documents into a MS Access
database. I haven't tried to do this with
CW yet.

Jim

Quote:

> Does anyone have the DLL/LIB files needed to run/control a scanner from
> with in CW.  I need ro scan some documents and file them on a drive. The
> program needs to control filename and file save as type....  I would need
> the doc to use them to if available.

> Thanks for the help.

> Bill Helgeson

Thu, 25 Mar 1999 03:00:00 GMT
 Twain Programming

Quote:

>Hi Bill,
>If you DO NOT intend to save the scanned image
>into a clarion data file, then why not use
>the Wang image controls.  They are free!
>You get both a complete application for
>scanning AND the OCX's if you want to
>incorporate them into a program.

Jim:

From which site are the Wang controls available?

Thanks,
{*filter*} McCoy

Fri, 26 Mar 1999 03:00:00 GMT
 Twain Programming

-->
-->>Hi Bill,
-->>If you DO NOT intend to save the scanned image
-->>into a clarion data file, then why not use
-->>the Wang image controls.  They are free!
-->>You get both a complete application for
-->>scanning AND the OCX's if you want to
-->>incorporate them into a program.
-->
-->Jim:
-->
-->From which site are the Wang controls available?
-->
From www.wang.com and www.microsoft.com.

Bernard Grosperrin - ALIAS(Bernie) -Team Topspeed Internet

Sat, 27 Mar 1999 03:00:00 GMT
 Twain Programming

<<From which site are the Wang controls available?>>

www.microsoft.com

Then look in the software updates for windows 95.. it is in there..

Sat, 27 Mar 1999 03:00:00 GMT
 Twain Programming

Quote:

><<From which site are the Wang controls available?>>
>www.microsoft.com
>Then look in the software updates for windows 95.. it is in there..

Thanks for the info...didn't think it would be so straightforward.

Dick McCoy

Sun, 28 Mar 1999 03:00:00 GMT

1. programming twain scanner

2. TWAIN sample program problem

3. Meeting Mark Twain

4. Using a TWAIN driver from VAST

5. Connect with Twain-Source in RB?

6. Camera,Photo, BMP, JPG and TWain, need help!!!

7. TWAIN/Imaging Library

8. VisualWorks to Twain connection ?

9. Twain

10. Twain source template