Anyone using the Quick DDE template?
Author Message
 Anyone using the Quick DDE template?

We downloaded the demo and it seems pretty slick.  We have just a few
questions on whether is supports USHORTS and ULONGS?  And how many
fields can we add before Word bombs?  We know from past experience
that word only allows 36 (I think) fields before it gives a message
that it can't handle any more.  If you have any other suggestion for a
word merge template it would be greatly appreciated.

Mon, 29 Jan 2001 03:00:00 GMT
 Anyone using the Quick DDE template?
Hi!!

I do use QuickDDE. And my Word does not report any errors with 41 fields.
Not until now. As i use USHORTS and ULONGS sparingly, i don't know how Word
will handle them.

Best Regards,

--
JUAN MANUEL MEDINA JIMENEZ
Programador Analista - Programming Analyst

Tue, 30 Jan 2001 03:00:00 GMT
 Anyone using the Quick DDE template?

Quote:

>We downloaded the demo and it seems pretty slick.  We have just a few
>questions on whether is supports USHORTS and ULONGS?  And how many
>fields can we add before Word bombs?  We know from past experience
>that word only allows 36 (I think) fields before it gives a message
>that it can't handle any more.  If you have any other suggestion for a
>word merge template it would be greatly appreciated.

We are using it with mixed results.  I'm not sure that the problems we have
seen have anything to do with the Quick DDE product or not.  It seems that
for a number of our users, it just doesn't work.  They get various error
messages.  We have a lot more than 36 fields, maybe 80 or 90.  As far as I
know, all string and integer type fields are supported. Printing is slow.
The templates are pretty good, but support is only fair.  You might also
check out ARCO Word Reporter.  It seems to do similar things with Word.  I
haven't had time to look at it yet.

Also, if it will fit your needs, you might consider simply providing an
export to a delimited file and write instructions for your users on how to
use Word's built-in mail merge facilities.  Even though the process takes
some extra steps, I prefer using this method myself.  Because our product
uses Word to print contracts (one at a time) and not just to do mail merge,
we offer both options: using DDE and an export file.

Steve Lewis
Aphelion Inc.

Wed, 31 Jan 2001 03:00:00 GMT

1. quick dde template

2. DDE DDE DDE DDE DDE ( once more, help needed )

3. Anyone have any experience using the Lineprint template?

4. Quick DDE for C5

5. Quick dde

6. Quick DDE Word Integration

7. Clarion 5 and Quick DDE problems.