Clarion 2 (DOS) printing with NT
Author Message
 Clarion 2 (DOS) printing with NT

I have an application originally developed with Clarion 2.1 (Batch 8)

When running in an NT environment the reports do not print correctly. It
appears that NT generates a spooling file for each line of the report.
Possibly Clarion is opening and closing the printer for each line of the
report.

Question:

1. Is this a known problem and is there a fix for it?
2. Is there an update to Batch 8? If so, where is it available?
3. Does NT have an option similar to the OS/2 DOS print timeout option
which ensures that the spooling file isn't closed until there has been
no activity for a period of time?

Bill Cumpston
Adelaide, South Australia

Sun, 10 Mar 2002 03:00:00 GMT
 Clarion 2 (DOS) printing with NT
I have never been able to get my 2.1 apps to print Reliably from Windows!
Let alone NT.  The best I have been able to do is print to a file, then copy
the file to the printer.

Kraig Whiting

Quote:

>I have an application originally developed with Clarion 2.1 (Batch 8)

>When running in an NT environment the reports do not print correctly.....

Sun, 10 Mar 2002 03:00:00 GMT
 Clarion 2 (DOS) printing with NT
I have never been able to get my 2.1 apps to print Reliably from Windows!
Let alone NT.  The best I have been able to do is print to a file, then copy
the file to the printer.

Kraig Whiting

Quote:

>I have an application originally developed with Clarion 2.1 (Batch 8)

>When running in an NT environment the reports do not print correctly.....

Sun, 10 Mar 2002 03:00:00 GMT
 Clarion 2 (DOS) printing with NT
Ebor,

Don't know about everything else but CPD stopped at 2.110 so there is an
update available after 2.108.  Try contacting your TS distributor to see
if the update is still available.  I do know that 2.110 was stable and
fixed several key corruption problems.  Plus the DAT files from 2.110
are compatible with Clarion for Windows when you finally make the switch
and the DAT files from 2.108 are not.

Al

Quote:

> [...]

Quote:

>I have an application originally developed with Clarion 2.1 (Batch 8)

>When running in an NT environment the reports do not print correctly.....

Sun, 10 Mar 2002 03:00:00 GMT
 Clarion 2 (DOS) printing with NT
I have never been able to get my 2.1 apps to print Reliably from Windows!
Let alone NT.  The best I have been able to do is print to a file, then copy
the file to the printer.

Kraig Whiting

Quote:

>I have an application originally developed with Clarion 2.1 (Batch 8)

>When running in an NT environment the reports do not print correctly.....

Sun, 10 Mar 2002 03:00:00 GMT
 Clarion 2 (DOS) printing with NT
Quote:

> I have never been able to get my 2.1 apps to print Reliably from Windows!

May be. But your modem is working overtime. You may want to give it a rest.
-----
Jim Kane  - TeamTopSpeed
Productive Software Solutions
Can't Find that Message?
Get Organized, Get ForKeeps!
www.fkeeps.com

Sun, 10 Mar 2002 03:00:00 GMT
 Clarion 2 (DOS) printing with NT
<I have never been able to get my 2.1 apps to print Reliably from
Windows!
Let alone NT.  The best I have been able to do is print to a
file, then copy
the file to the printer.

Kraig Whiting>

Kraig:

Please see my message CW 2.003 Print To File.  I followed
everything correctly to print to a file. But when I call up
the file, it is unreadable -- just a bunch of garbage.  Do
you have any suggestions as to what I might do?

Thanks for any help you can give me.

--
Cynthia J. Marr, CW20; CW4b, Richx

Mon, 11 Mar 2002 03:00:00 GMT

1. Clarion Dos version 3 application not printing over NT Server

2. Clarion 2.1 for DOS and printing in a WIN95 DOS window

3. Problems with the FILER program under Clarion for DOS and Windows NT

4. Problem running Clarion DOS program on Windows NT

5. clarion for DOS and NT problems

6. Clarion DOS 3.101 and Windows NT ?

7. Clarion-Dos - NT Network?

8. NT Server & Clarion DOS APP (2nd post)

9. Clarion 3.1 (DOS) cannot run under WIndows NT

10. Clarion DOS tools and NT.

11. Clarion for DOS under Windows NT 4 (SP3)

12. Clarion for DOS + Btrieve 6.10 + NT Workstation