Comma delimited file?
Author Message
 Comma delimited file?

How can I import a Delimited file into a database?

--
God Bless

Ray Dummer

Wed, 15 Aug 2001 03:00:00 GMT
 Comma delimited file?
Check out super import/export by mitten software

I think its www.mittensoft.com

Regards

Tony York

Quote:

--
Tony York
Fiscal Software

http://www.fiscal.com.au

Wed, 15 Aug 2001 03:00:00 GMT
 Comma delimited file?
Hi Ray,

  If it is Comma delimited files, you just declare your file in your
dictionnary as an ASCII file.  Then you can make a module to import data
into TPS files by reading one after the other each record found into
your file.  Works fine for me!

Stphane

Quote:

> How can I import a Delimited file into a database?

> --
> God Bless

> Ray Dummer

Wed, 15 Aug 2001 03:00:00 GMT
 Comma delimited file?

Quote:
>How can I import a Delimited file into a database?

Hi Ray

The Basic driver will read comma dilimited file directly. Import the
file to get the defintion.

I have CW2003 app that imports SA postal codes. From to comma delimited
to tps. I'll mail it to you if you want it.

Regards
Malcolm Collett
------------------------------
mcollett AT iafrica DOT com
==============================

Thu, 16 Aug 2001 03:00:00 GMT
 Comma delimited file?

Hi Malcolm

I am very interested in your app AND the postal code datafile
PLEASE E-mail it to me!

Johan van Zyl

On Sun, 28 Feb 1999 18:27:09 +0200, "Malcolm Collett"

Quote:

>>How can I import a Delimited file into a database?

>Hi Ray

>The Basic driver will read comma dilimited file directly. Import the
>file to get the defintion.

>I have CW2003 app that imports SA postal codes. From to comma delimited
>to tps. I'll mail it to you if you want it.

>Regards
>Malcolm Collett
>------------------------------
>mcollett AT iafrica DOT com
>==============================

Johan van Zyl
Somerset West
South Africa

CPD 2.110, CW Standard 2002, CW5EE
File Manager 2, Wise Installation
MS Office, Zoltrix Speaker/Fax/Modem
Clarion/Pastel Accounting Systems discussion list at
http://cwpastel.listbot.com

Thu, 16 Aug 2001 03:00:00 GMT
 Comma delimited file?
Ray:

You can also use the Basic file driver for comma delimited files. Easier
to use than the ASCII. Import the file and set it to the ASCII file
driver.

I have also used a hex editor or a programmer's editor to read the file
and then declare the fields manually.

Would like to hear how you did.

Ken Wagner

Quote:

> How can I import a Delimited file into a database?

> --
> God Bless

> Ray Dummer

Thu, 16 Aug 2001 03:00:00 GMT
 Comma delimited file?

Quote:

>How can I import a Delimited file into a database?

>--
>God Bless

>Ray Dummer

Ray,
  If you want to write the code yourself, Comma Delimited files in clarion
use the Basic driver.

hth
Soheil Sehati

Thu, 23 Aug 2001 03:00:00 GMT

1. Export Clarion .DAT files to ASCII comma delimited files

2. Export Clarion .DAT files to ASCII comma delimited files

3. Parsing Comma delimited files in J

4. matching records in a comma delimited file

5. Comma delimited file problem

6. importing from a comma delimited file

7. comma delimited file

8. Regular Expressions in Rexx to crack a comma delimited file

9. Help with Comma Delimited File

10. comma delimited file

11. Writing Form Output to a Comma Delimited File

12. newbie needs a little help parsing a comma delimited file