WILD while errors running the DEBUGGER (32bits)
Author Message
 WILD while errors running the DEBUGGER (32bits)

I need a de{*filter*} to debug the Clarion De{*filter*}(hmm, not really), coz
it performs an illegal operation when initializing before it *should*
have been debugging my app.    Anyone else experienced this?
What I've got in my app, which I haven't been using before is:
* Implicit String declarations.
* An OCX
* A blob field in one of the involved files from the dictionary.

...but the illegal operation only happens 3 of 4 times, so
the debugging sometimes proceeds as intented.

EXCEPT:
* When using GO TO CURSOR, nothing happens every 1 of 5 times.
  That is ... the green little bar which should indicate current line,

  is not present.
  If I use a breakpoint it works every time.

* I get a 000FFFF error (the heading in the errormessage) containing
  NOTHING at an ADD() statement once in a while.  The de{*filter*}
  hangs totally, and I have to terminate the task via Windows Task
  Mgr.

This must be a bug??? Hopefully known...?!

        Please give me your opinion and any relevant information.

                In advance, thanx.

                        E.Ness

Sun, 07 May 2000 03:00:00 GMT
 WILD while errors running the DEBUGGER (32bits)

Quote:
>I need a de{*filter*} to debug the Clarion De{*filter*}(hmm, not really), coz
> [ .. some left out .. ]
>EXCEPT:
>* I get a 000FFFF error (the heading in the errormessage) containing
>  NOTHING at an ADD() statement once in a while.  The de{*filter*}
>  hangs totally, and I have to terminate the task via Windows Task
>  Mgr.

Sorry, the error was 003FFFFF (containing nothing), and it happens
every once in a while at any statement.  (Not only on an add())
The incident occurs most often at step after go to cursor og a step
immediately after a breakpoint has been reached.

Hoping for some info on this one, especially from Topspeed..

        Eljar

Sun, 07 May 2000 03:00:00 GMT
 WILD while errors running the DEBUGGER (32bits)

What version of the de{*filter*}?

If C4, post to the beta newsgroup topspeed.beta.c4

HTH,

--
Russell B. Eggen
Topspeed Corporation

[Using MS Outlook]

|>I need a de{*filter*} to debug the Clarion De{*filter*}(hmm, not really), coz
|> [ .. some left out .. ]
|>EXCEPT:
|>* I get a 000FFFF error (the heading in the errormessage) containing
|>  NOTHING at an ADD() statement once in a while.  The de{*filter*}
|>  hangs totally, and I have to terminate the task via Windows Task
|>  Mgr.
|>
|Sorry, the error was 003FFFFF (containing nothing), and it happens
|every once in a while at any statement.  (Not only on an add())
|The incident occurs most often at step after go to cursor og a step
|immediately after a breakpoint has been reached.
|
|Hoping for some info on this one, especially from Topspeed..
|
| Eljar

Sun, 07 May 2000 03:00:00 GMT
 WILD while errors running the DEBUGGER (32bits)

Hi Eljar

Not that I have the answer to your problem. But I have experienced (almost)
the same thing since last week,
while working on a (new) application.
I Posted a message to this newsgroup and got no reply. There are some
points and questions that might be
of any interest to you:

- it - probably - doesn't relate to Implicit String declaration, OCX or
usage of BLOB fields, as I have used neither
  of these and had the 'same' problem;

- I experienced it only with 1 application, all the others no problem. Is
this the same with you?

- What does the de{*filter*} do when you STEP through your code. Does that work
at all?. In my
  case (If the de{*filter*} worked at all), I got an error message with some
vague hexadecimal
  number in the header (not the same number as yours) and a error text say
something
  like INST BREAK FAILED. This message could popup for several times after
pressing OK
  within one single source step.

- I've just installed MS-Office prof. on my system. I really don't know
wether this has something to do with the
  problem. Probably not. But do also happen to have installed some software
prior to your De{*filter*} failures?

- What's the size of you app and dictionary. Are you using any third party
tools/templates in your app?
  I used FM2 and DET for the first time in this app, Frankly I don't think
it has something to do with the problem and
  I certainly DO NOT want to state that these are no good, because they
really are

- What version of CW are you using? mine is CW2003. Do you experience the
same thing in CW4B2. I have not tried it yet.

Hope this info helps us in any way. Let me know if discover new 'features'
on this problem.

--
Ton van den Broek

Sun, 07 May 2000 03:00:00 GMT

1. Ping Wild Wild Wares

2. CW2003 app will not run in 32bits

3. Python running wild

4. Run Time Error - Internal Error

5. debugger won't run

6. Cannot run clipper debugger ?

7. run-time error R6000 - stack overflow error

8. Running debugger in Win95

9. Looking for Debugger for 5.3 that runs under Windows95

10. HOW DO RUN A DEBUGGER WITH FIVEWIN

11. ANNOUNCEMENT: Run Time Debugger for V4

12. Detecting a running debugger