Adding icon to SystemTray in win95/98/nt
Author Message
 Adding icon to SystemTray in win95/98/nt

Quote:
>>anyone know how to make the icon show up on the system tray instead of on

the
task bar when minimized in win95/98/nt?<<

get TinTools.  its FREE and there is  a template to do this and to do the
shutdown that you want.  The template is in the FREE WINAPI toolkit which is
part of tintools

www.thetingroup.com

--

Thanks
Eric Jacobowitz

http://www.*-*-*.com/

Sun, 24 Jun 2001 03:00:00 GMT
 Adding icon to SystemTray in win95/98/nt

Quote:

>Hey,

>anyone know how to make the icon show up on the system tray instead of on the
>task bar when minimized in win95/98/nt?

Use the Free WinAPI templates (http://www.dlcwest.com/~sorev/topspeed)
Subclass template on your main procedure.

Vince

Mon, 25 Jun 2001 03:00:00 GMT
 Adding icon to SystemTray in win95/98/nt
Vince,

I recently tried the templates on a c4b ABC app and I got some inconsistent
results.  If I hid and restored the program several times the Program would
"disapear"  It was no longer on the task bar or in the system tray, but was
still running and need to be shut down from the Ctrl-Alt-Del Task list.

I would like to add this feature to the program, but it is not a pressing
issue at this point so I just removed the extension.  Have you ever seen
this behavior before?  If you have could you point me in the right direction
for fixing the problem.

Thanks
Rob

Quote:

>>Hey,

>>anyone know how to make the icon show up on the system tray instead of on
the
>>task bar when minimized in win95/98/nt?

>Use the Free WinAPI templates (http://www.dlcwest.com/~sorev/topspeed)
>Subclass template on your main procedure.

>Vince

Mon, 25 Jun 2001 03:00:00 GMT
 Adding icon to SystemTray in win95/98/nt
On Thu, 7 Jan 1999 13:12:24 -0800, "Robert Rodgers"

Quote:

>Have you ever seen
>this behavior before?  If you have could you point me in the right direction
>for fixing the problem.

No, I haven't, but I've added a lot of switches in there so that all
kinds of behaviour could be supported, and I can't say I've really
tried every combination.  What settings are you using?

Vince

Tue, 26 Jun 2001 03:00:00 GMT
 Adding icon to SystemTray in win95/98/nt
Vince,

I don't remember now.  I will try again as time permits and check back with
you if I keep having problems.

Thanks
Rob

Quote:
>On Thu, 7 Jan 1999 13:12:24 -0800, "Robert Rodgers"

>>Have you ever seen
>>this behavior before?  If you have could you point me in the right
direction
>>for fixing the problem.

>No, I haven't, but I've added a lot of switches in there so that all
>kinds of behaviour could be supported, and I can't say I've really
>tried every combination.  What settings are you using?

>Vince

Tue, 26 Jun 2001 03:00:00 GMT

1. NT / win95/98 Date/time problem HELP!!

2. UltimADE4 : Rapid Application Development for Win95/98/NT

3. Q: PL1-Compiler for WIN95, 98 or NT 4.0

4. different in win95/98 and NT

5. Enhancement: resolution multiplier for TclpGetTime on Win95/98/NT/2K

6. Affordable Common Lisp implementations on Win95/98/NT?

7. DDE fails on Win95/98 but NOT on NT

8. Icons in Win95/NT

9. Win95/98 look updates

10. RAS in Win95/98

11. Win95/98 Console Print Speed Problem: SOLVED!

12. Transition from win95/98 env. to winnt4.0