Seperator line between the menubar and toolbar
Author Message
 Seperator line between the menubar and toolbar

Hello,

This may be a strange request, but here it is.

Is there a way to put a seperator line horizontally between the menubar
and toolbar?  If you put the toolbar and don't include a wallpaper
background for the toolbar, the toolbar and menubar tends to blend
because there's no "seperation".  If you look at MS Word, any toolbar
that you place is seperated by one of these lines.

I tried placing just a line control at the top of the toolbar, but
doesn't do the job.

Thanks
Ed Fitzpatrick CW5b

Sent via Deja.com http://www.*-*-*.com/
Before you buy.

Sat, 26 Oct 2002 03:00:00 GMT
 Seperator line between the menubar and toolbar
Use a panel or group w/ bevel attributes as a horizontal divider

--
 Kevin

***
 Name    : Kevin B. Erskine, Owner, TopSpeed Certified Clarion Professional

 ICQ     : 10761812 [ http://www.icq.com/ ] v99a-beta
 WebSite : http://www.Software-By-Ragazzi.com
 Phone # : 415-331-6003 (Pacific Standard Time)
 Location: Beautiful Sausalito, California, USA

***
 "Begin a new era of productivity..."? '96-00 Software By Ragazzi(tm)

***

Quote:
> Hello,

> This may be a strange request, but here it is.

> Is there a way to put a seperator line horizontally between the menubar
> and toolbar?  If you put the toolbar and don't include a wallpaper
> background for the toolbar, the toolbar and menubar tends to blend
> because there's no "seperation".  If you look at MS Word, any toolbar
> that you place is seperated by one of these lines.

> I tried placing just a line control at the top of the toolbar, but
> doesn't do the job.

> Thanks
> Ed Fitzpatrick CW5b

> Sent via Deja.com http://www.deja.com/
> Before you buy.

Sat, 26 Oct 2002 03:00:00 GMT
 Seperator line between the menubar and toolbar

Quote:
> Use a panel or group w/ bevel attributes as a horizontal divider

> --
>  Kevin

****
Quote:
> ***
>  Name    : Kevin B. Erskine, Owner, TopSpeed Certified Clarion
Professional

>  ICQ     : 10761812 [ http://www.icq.com/ ] v99a-beta
>  WebSite : http://www.Software-By-Ragazzi.com
>  Phone # : 415-331-6003 (Pacific Standard Time)
>  Location: Beautiful Sausalito, California, USA

****
Quote:
> ***
>  "Begin a new era of productivity..."? '96-00 Software By Ragazzi(tm)

****
Quote:
> ***

> > Hello,

> > This may be a strange request, but here it is.

> > Is there a way to put a seperator line horizontally between the
menubar
> > and toolbar?  If you put the toolbar and don't include a wallpaper
> > background for the toolbar, the toolbar and menubar tends to blend
> > because there's no "seperation".  If you look at MS Word, any
toolbar
> > that you place is seperated by one of these lines.

> > I tried placing just a line control at the top of the toolbar, but
> > doesn't do the job.

> > Thanks
> > Ed Fitzpatrick CW5b

> > Sent via Deja.com http://www.deja.com/
> > Before you buy.

> I already tried a group, but putting the group on the toolbar app

frame is considered an object.  Therefore, when I bring up my browse
box with a toolbar, the browsebox toolbar buttons appear all the way to
the right and outside of the group.
Ed

Sent via Deja.com http://www.deja.com/
Before you buy.

Sat, 26 Oct 2002 03:00:00 GMT
 Seperator line between the menubar and toolbar

Quote:

> > Use a panel or group w/ bevel attributes as a horizontal divider

> > --
> >  Kevin

> ****
> > ***
> >  Name    : Kevin B. Erskine, Owner, TopSpeed Certified Clarion
> Professional

> >  ICQ     : 10761812 [ http://www.icq.com/ ] v99a-beta
> >  WebSite : http://www.Software-By-Ragazzi.com
> >  Phone # : 415-331-6003 (Pacific Standard Time)
> >  Location: Beautiful Sausalito, California, USA

> ****
> > ***
> >  "Begin a new era of productivity..."? '96-00 Software By Ragazzi
(tm)

> ****
> > ***

> > > Hello,

> > > This may be a strange request, but here it is.

> > > Is there a way to put a seperator line horizontally between the
> menubar
> > > and toolbar?  If you put the toolbar and don't include a wallpaper
> > > background for the toolbar, the toolbar and menubar tends to blend
> > > because there's no "seperation".  If you look at MS Word, any
> toolbar
> > > that you place is seperated by one of these lines.

> > > I tried placing just a line control at the top of the toolbar, but
> > > doesn't do the job.

> > > Thanks
> > > Ed Fitzpatrick CW5b

> > > Sent via Deja.com http://www.deja.com/
> > > Before you buy.

> > I already tried a group, but putting the group on the toolbar app
> frame is considered an object.  Therefore, when I bring up my browse
> box with a toolbar, the browsebox toolbar buttons appear all the way
> the right and outside of the group.
> Ed

> Sent via Deja.com http://www.deja.com/
> Before you buy.

Hi Kevin,

I used a panel on the toolbar which gives the appearance I was looking
for.  Thanks!
Ed

Sent via Deja.com http://www.deja.com/
Before you buy.

Sun, 27 Oct 2002 03:00:00 GMT
 Seperator line between the menubar and toolbar
Hi Ed,

Quote:
>I tried placing just a line control at the top of the toolbar, but
>doesn't do the job.

It should.  What I do is to put a line control at 0,0 and set the
width to full.  Works fine for me.  What problems do you have with it?

Best regards,

Sun, 27 Oct 2002 03:00:00 GMT
 Seperator line between the menubar and toolbar

Quote:

> Hi Ed,

> >I tried placing just a line control at the top of the toolbar, but
> >doesn't do the job.

> It should.  What I do is to put a line control at 0,0 and set the
> width to full.  Works fine for me.  What problems do you have with it?

> Best regards,

> Hi Arnor,

If I put the line on the application frame and expand it the the whole
width, any other toolbars (from a browse box for example) start placing
thier controls "after" the last control on the application frame, which
is the line control.  This makes the browse box toolbar buttons go off
the right of the screen.

What I did was to use a panel control and expand it no wider than the
last control on the app frame (whice are the navigation arrow
buttons).  Then on any other window that has a toolbar, I place another
panel to continue the seperation between the menubar and the toolbar.
Only problem is I have to do this for every window that has a toolbar.

Regards
Ed

Sent via Deja.com http://www.deja.com/
Before you buy.

Mon, 28 Oct 2002 03:00:00 GMT

1. Record Seperator vs. File Seperator

2. Menubar and Toolbar back color

3. Background colors of Menubar and Toolbar

4. feild seperators (FS) and atoms: attn GURU's

5. multiple Field Seperators

6. Field seperator

7. Popup menu seperator?

8. Seperators with text

9. grouping seperator

10. Decimal seperator

11. Adjustable Panel Seperator

12. opening files in windows and putting seperators in windows