comma delimited file
Author Message
 comma delimited file

Hello all

How can I import a comma delimited file from the a:\ , and copy the comma
delimted infomation into the tps file, could someone give me a starting
point please
(Im trying to do this so updated data can be added to
the exsisting tps file)

Thankyou
chris

Sun, 02 Mar 2003 22:38:38 GMT
 comma delimited file
Hi Chris,
Define the comma delimited file, BASIC driver, in your dictionary. Use a
variable for the filename. Use a FileDialog to allow the user to select the
file from whatever source they have. Then run a process procedure on this
file, doing whatever updates are necessary in the TakeRecord method.

HTH

Quote:

--
! Jim Katz
! Certified Clarion Developer

Sun, 02 Mar 2003 23:05:24 GMT
 comma delimited file
Chris

Something like this will work remember one thing that the data must be
clipped, see both excamples.

Loop Until EOF(Text File)
   Next(Text File)
   If Errorcode() Then Break.
    Tps:Record    = Text:Record
     End
     Add(Tps)
 END

   Tps:Registration              = CLIP(LEFT(Text:Varible))
    Tps:Decimal                    = Deformat(CLIP(LEFT(Text:Decimal)))

The 2 ways is
1 Move record for record, will work for simple operations.
2 In place of record use the second excample setting all the fields to each
other and the move the data.

Hope it helps.

Gregory Mey
Orbtrack (Pty) Ltd

Quote:
> Hello all

> How can I import a comma delimited file from the a:\ , and copy the comma
> delimted infomation into the tps file, could someone give me a starting
> point please
> (Im trying to do this so updated data can be added to
> the exsisting tps file)

> Thankyou
> chris

Mon, 03 Mar 2003 12:39:32 GMT
 comma delimited file
Thankyou for your example it helped me out
Chris

Quote:
> Chris

> Something like this will work remember one thing that the data must be
> clipped, see both excamples.

> Loop Until EOF(Text File)
>    Next(Text File)
>    If Errorcode() Then Break.
>     Tps:Record    = Text:Record
>      End
>      Add(Tps)
>  END

>    Tps:Registration              = CLIP(LEFT(Text:Varible))
>     Tps:Decimal                    = Deformat(CLIP(LEFT(Text:Decimal)))

> The 2 ways is
> 1 Move record for record, will work for simple operations.
> 2 In place of record use the second excample setting all the fields to
each
> other and the move the data.

> Hope it helps.

> Gregory Mey
> Orbtrack (Pty) Ltd

> > Hello all

> > How can I import a comma delimited file from the a:\ , and copy the
comma
> > delimted infomation into the tps file, could someone give me a starting
> > point please
> > (Im trying to do this so updated data can be added to
> > the exsisting tps file)

> > Thankyou
> > chris

Sat, 08 Mar 2003 03:00:00 GMT

1. Export Clarion .DAT files to ASCII comma delimited files

2. Export Clarion .DAT files to ASCII comma delimited files

3. Parsing Comma delimited files in J

4. matching records in a comma delimited file

5. Comma delimited file problem

6. importing from a comma delimited file

7. Comma delimited file?

8. Regular Expressions in Rexx to crack a comma delimited file

9. Help with Comma Delimited File

10. comma delimited file

11. Writing Form Output to a Comma Delimited File

12. newbie needs a little help parsing a comma delimited file