Resizing windows dynamically
Author Message
 Resizing windows dynamically

How do you resize a window dynamically.  I've tried PROP:Width, AT commands
all sorts.  I can read the PROP:Width commands fine but I cannot update
them.  Any suggestions ?

Mark

Sat, 07 Feb 2004 17:15:03 GMT
 Resizing windows dynamically
0{prop:width} = xxx

The window must be opened first.

--

Steve Parker

Knowledge base: www.par2.com/cws/c5launch.dll/faqs/theFaqs.exe.0
Download Center: www.cwicweb.com/apps/c5launch.dll/d7.exe.0

Quote:
> How do you resize a window dynamically.  I've tried PROP:Width, AT
commands
> all sorts.  I can read the PROP:Width commands fine but I cannot update
> them.  Any suggestions ?

> Mark

Sat, 07 Feb 2004 20:10:15 GMT
 Resizing windows dynamically
Try using SetPosition()

John

Quote:

>How do you resize a window dynamically.  I've tried PROP:Width, AT commands
>all sorts.  I can read the PROP:Width commands fine but I cannot update
>them.  Any suggestions ?

>Mark

Sat, 07 Feb 2004 22:03:43 GMT
 Resizing windows dynamically
It appears that you cannot resize a window down if you have a control (even
that's hidden) that will become covered.  Does anybody know a way of doing
this in Clarion ?

Mark

Quote:
> How do you resize a window dynamically.  I've tried PROP:Width, AT
commands
> all sorts.  I can read the PROP:Width commands fine but I cannot update
> them.  Any suggestions ?

> Mark

Sat, 07 Feb 2004 20:38:25 GMT
 Resizing windows dynamically
Move the control? <G>

--

Steve Parker

Knowledge base: www.par2.com/cws/c5launch.dll/faqs/theFaqs.exe.0
Download Center: www.cwicweb.com/apps/c5launch.dll/d7.exe.0

Quote:
> It appears that you cannot resize a window down if you have a control
(even
> that's hidden) that will become covered.  Does anybody know a way of doing
> this in Clarion ?

> Mark

> > How do you resize a window dynamically.  I've tried PROP:Width, AT
> commands
> > all sorts.  I can read the PROP:Width commands fine but I cannot update
> > them.  Any suggestions ?

> > Mark

Sat, 07 Feb 2004 23:20:08 GMT

Mark Scott writes:
>How do you resize a window dynamically.  I've tried PROP:Width,
>AT commands all sorts.  I can read the PROP:Width commands
>fine but I cannot update them.  Any suggestions ?

I use the built-in procedures GETPOSITION() and SETPOSITION(). No
problems.

Chris

Sun, 08 Feb 2004 02:56:52 GMT
 Resizing windows dynamically
can't do it at design time, works easy at runtime, tho.

Chris Bordeman

Quote:
> It appears that you cannot resize a window down if you have a control
(even
> that's hidden) that will become covered.  Does anybody know a way of doing
> this in Clarion ?

> Mark

> > How do you resize a window dynamically.  I've tried PROP:Width, AT
> commands
> > all sorts.  I can read the PROP:Width commands fine but I cannot update
> > them.  Any suggestions ?

> > Mark

Sun, 08 Feb 2004 05:12:49 GMT
 Resizing windows dynamically

Quote:
> It appears that you cannot resize a window down if you have a
> control (even that's hidden) that will become covered.  Does

We have done this in some of our apps at runtime and it worked fine.
There must be other problems in your code. Please post your code in
this newsgroup, maybe we'll find what's going wrong.

Norbert

Sun, 08 Feb 2004 17:08:43 GMT

1. resizing window dynamically

2. help-How do I dynamically resize window (Digitalk, PARTS)

3. Resize window size dynamically - Digitalk 3.01

4. Q: resizing listbox with window resize

5. VA3.0b - window resizing on form resize

6. Dynamically resize filedropcombo

7. Resizing Window in windows

8. C5b: Window formatter resizes window when toolbar is used

9. Refering to Objects on a dynamically create window

10. Dragging, dynamically creating controls and window refresh

11. Put a window topmost dynamically

12. Dynamically changing "fontsize" for a Window