Different window sizes in different sceen resolutions
Author Message
 Different window sizes in different sceen resolutions

Hi Jorge,

Quote:
>The program functioned fine except that almost in every equipment the
>size of each window of my app is different. I've tried some approaches
>but have not succeded. In some equipments the windows are too large
>and do not fit in the frame, in others are too small and the customers
>has to use magnifying glasses <g>.

Are you using a specific font when designing or do you leave the font
upto Windows?  (if not font attribute is specified for the window at
design time it will use whatever "standard" font Windows is set up
with - anything from 14pt System to 6pt Ms Sans Serif;)

Best regards,

Arnor Baldvinsson
Allerup Edb
Tel: +45 4675 7122
Fax: +45 4675 7144
Denmark

http://www.*-*-*.com/
UIN nr.: 2428601

Wed, 01 Mar 2000 03:00:00 GMT
 Different window sizes in different sceen resolutions

Hi everybody!

Three days ago I installed my second app in a network that has
different PC models ranging from 386 to Pentiums-200 with different
screen resolutions and video drivers.

The program functioned fine except that almost in every equipment the
size of each window of my app is different. I've tried some approaches
but have not succeded. In some equipments the windows are too large
and do not fit in the frame, in others are too small and the customers
has to use magnifying glasses <g>.

Is there any template or simple trick that keeps the windows size and
fonts proportionally to the screen resolution?

(I promise to my customer this will be solved next week).

Thanks in advance

Jorge Argez

Wed, 01 Mar 2000 03:00:00 GMT

1. Different screen resolutions on different platforms

2. Frontpanel sizing for different screen resolutions.

3. Window Size on Different Monitors.

4. Font size varies in different Windows versions.

5. Q: fixed window size for different fonts?

6. Handling Different Screen Resolutions

7. Adjusting to different screen resolutions?

8. problem: resolution functions and different types

9. One object that needs to look different to different senders

10. Call different files in different folder

11. Different printouts on different printers ?

12. To assign different colors to different values of a set parameter