ABC newbie: How do I use deep assignment to copy records
Author Message
 ABC newbie: How do I use deep assignment to copy records

Hi all.  Building app using ABC my real first app.  I need to copy records
from one table to another.  I used deep assignment :: in legacy and it works
great.  I need a hint on the syntax or point me to the correct docs...

TIA,

Robert

Sun, 04 Sep 2005 12:57:32 GMT
 ABC newbie: How do I use deep assignment to copy records
You can still use deep assignments.

If you were interested in making a copy of a single table and then compare
back to it you could use the FieldPairsClass in the FileManager, but since
the tables are in different objects there is nothing available to do
comparisons across objects

Tony Bowes

Quote:
> Hi all.  Building app using ABC my real first app.  I need to copy records
> from one table to another.  I used deep assignment :: in legacy and it
works
> great.  I need a hint on the syntax or point me to the correct docs...

> TIA,

> Robert

Sun, 04 Sep 2005 15:18:17 GMT

1. shallow copy vs. deep copy

2. Update template (ABC) with PostgreSQL (insert record using serial problem)

3. Deep Assignments - How?

4. Deep Assignment (:=:)

5. deep assignment

6. Deep assignment