Access odbc driver in ODBC 3.0
Author Message
 Access odbc driver in ODBC 3.0

I just downloaded the most recent copy of ODBC 3.0 from the Microsoft =
FTP site.

I now get this message (BTW searched the WAIS site and did not find =
anything):

You are attempting to use a version of the Microsoft Access ODBC Driver =
that only works with 16bit applications under windows NT.  Contact =
Microsoft for a working driver.

Does anyone know how to fix this.

P.S.  While searching in the WAIS on the listserver.  How do I keep the =
search results.  I found that sometimes the page back retains the =
results but most of the time the results are discarded.

Thanks Geoff Nordli

Mon, 31 May 1999 03:00:00 GMT
 Access odbc driver in ODBC 3.0

Geoff,

Not exactly sure why, but it sounds like you have the NT version <g>.
Check our ODBC administrator and ensure that your drivers are correct.  You
might also want to search your drive for ODBC*.exe and see what duplicates
you may unconver.

Just some thoughts and a few shots in the dark.

--
Russell B. Eggen
Topspeed Corporation

[Using MS Newserver]

I just downloaded the most recent copy of ODBC 3.0 from the Microsoft FTP
site.

I now get this message (BTW searched the WAIS site and did not find
anything):

You are attempting to use a version of the Microsoft Access ODBC Driver
that only works with 16bit applications under windows NT.  Contact
Microsoft for a working driver.

Does anyone know how to fix this.

P.S.  While searching in the WAIS on the listserver.  How do I keep the
search results.  I found that sometimes the page back retains the results
but most of the time the results are discarded.

Thanks Geoff Nordli

----------

Mon, 31 May 1999 03:00:00 GMT
 Access odbc driver in ODBC 3.0

Geoff Nordli wrote

>I now get this message
>You are attempting to use a version of the Microsoft Access ODBC >Driver

that only works with 16bit applications under windows NT.  >Contact
Microsoft for a working driver.

Quote:
>Does anyone know how to fix this.

Hi Geoff

I just had the same experience.

The 32-bit ODBC kit is free from Microsoft, but the 16-bit you have to
buy...go figure.

You need the 16-bit ODBC Kit Version 2.
You can get it from Microsoft at 1-800-360-7561
the Microsoft part number is 273-054-030.
the cost is $5.25 plus $5.00 shipping and takes 3-5 days.

You can also find it in MS C++ in WIN32s\ODBC :-)

HTH

Julian Small aka Zorgat

Tue, 01 Jun 1999 03:00:00 GMT
 Access odbc driver in ODBC 3.0

Does the 16-bit ODBC driver come with a different development tool.  I
know that I must have it because the ODBC thing was working last week
when I was experimenting.  Then I saw that a more recent version was
out.  So like an idiot I downloaded it and now it is not working.

I just need to download.

Geoff Nordli

Quote:

>Geoff Nordli wrote
>>I now get this message
>>You are attempting to use a version of the Microsoft Access ODBC >Driver
>that only works with 16bit applications under windows NT.  >Contact
>Microsoft for a working driver.
>>Does anyone know how to fix this.
>Hi Geoff
>I just had the same experience.
>The 32-bit ODBC kit is free from Microsoft, but the 16-bit you have to
>buy...go figure.
>You need the 16-bit ODBC Kit Version 2.
>You can get it from Microsoft at 1-800-360-7561
>the Microsoft part number is 273-054-030.
>the cost is $5.25 plus $5.00 shipping and takes 3-5 days.
>You can also find it in MS C++ in WIN32s\ODBC :-)
>HTH
>Julian Small aka Zorgat

Wed, 02 Jun 1999 03:00:00 GMT

1. Importing via Access 97 odbc driver variable length Access Memo fiels

2. Connect to TSM ODBC Driver with Regina and Rexx/SQL for ODBC no longer possible

3. VA: Problem with ODBC Text driver for VA 3.0

4. ODBC drivers for MS Access under OS2

5. MS Access (ODBC drivers)

6. Access ODBC Driver - Purchase

7. Gemstone access through ODBC driver

8. ODBC Driver-Access memo fields

9. ODBC driver-Access memo fields

10. Repost of Question about Access ODBC driver

11. ODBC driver for MS Access

12. ODBC driver for Clipper 5.2 to connect to Access