How do ya create tabs in textfields and strings?
Author Message
 How do ya create tabs in textfields and strings?

Hi,

How can I add tabbing to textfields and strings?  The ascii code for a
carriage return is '<13,10>'.  I heard somewhere on this ng that
tabbing is '<9>', but it comes out as '|' on my windows.  Also, is
there a way to change the tab spacing (Ex. '<9,2>' means tab two
spaces)?

Thanks,

ClarionApprentice
--Forgive my inexperience

Mon, 07 Nov 2005 03:59:54 GMT
 How do ya create tabs in textfields and strings?
You have found the correct ascii.
Tab Equate('<9>')
You will however not see non-printable characters correct anywhere except in
TEXT box, never in entries or listboxes.

Quote:
> Hi,

> How can I add tabbing to textfields and strings?  The ascii code for a
> carriage return is '<13,10>'.  I heard somewhere on this ng that
> tabbing is '<9>', but it comes out as '|' on my windows.  Also, is
> there a way to change the tab spacing (Ex. '<9,2>' means tab two
> spaces)?

> Thanks,

> ClarionApprentice
> --Forgive my inexperience

Mon, 07 Nov 2005 04:15:43 GMT
 How do ya create tabs in textfields and strings?
FYI:  '<9>' and '|' work in MESSAGE() too.

--
www.Tradesmens.com
Mark Goldberg

Quote:
> You have found the correct ascii.
> Tab Equate('<9>')
> You will however not see non-printable characters correct anywhere
except in
> TEXT box, never in entries or listboxes.

> > Hi,

> > How can I add tabbing to textfields and strings?  The ascii code
for a
> > carriage return is '<13,10>'.  I heard somewhere on this ng that
> > tabbing is '<9>', but it comes out as '|' on my windows.  Also,
is
> > there a way to change the tab spacing (Ex. '<9,2>' means tab two
> > spaces)?

> > Thanks,

> > ClarionApprentice
> > --Forgive my inexperience

Mon, 07 Nov 2005 05:47:31 GMT
 How do ya create tabs in textfields and strings?
Hi (whateveryourname),

'<9,2>' means character(9) and then character(2)
When you need two Tabs, type '<9,9>'

Rene Simons

Mon, 07 Nov 2005 21:56:17 GMT
 How do ya create tabs in textfields and strings?
Thanks, for the help.  I guess I'll be using <32> (the ascii space
char) to get the effect I want in strings and prompts.

ClarionApprentice

Mon, 07 Nov 2005 23:44:01 GMT
 How do ya create tabs in textfields and strings?
Quote:
> '<9,2>' means character(9) and then character(2)
> When you need two Tabs, type '<9,9>'

or '<9>{2}'

--

Best regards,
Maarten

"I know what I know but I do not know what you don't know"

Tue, 08 Nov 2005 03:19:55 GMT

1. Guido, ya done good!

2. Tabs, Tabs, Tabs!!

3. Dynamic File Create - IT CAN BE DONE!

4. Dynamic File Create - IT CAN BE DONE!

5. Doing a Clipper-installer, create GRP and INI

6. create:group on one TAB

7. Setting filter on tabs created in runtime

8. Create a change tab button...

9. Problem creating a Tab on exiting form

10. CREATE and DESTROY tabs on a sheet

11. How can I Create a exe file were a tab control on it work`s

12. HOWTO: create a tabbed dialog?