All my CD Drives are Missing
Author Message
 All my CD Drives are Missing

I really messed something up <VBG>

I installed DirectCD from Adaptec on my Win2K Server and after rebooting all
3 of my CD drives are now missing. The device manager shows them with a
yellow exclamation point and the error is: could not load required device
drivers - Errorcode 31.

I uninstalled DirectCD and no change.

I uninstalled the CD drives and let Windows recognize them on the next
reboot -- still no change.

I "forced" updated the drivers and still no change.

Any ideas -- Help!

--
 Kevin

***
 Name    : Kevin B. Erskine, Owner, TopSpeed Certified Clarion Professional

 ICQ     : 10761812 [ http://www.*-*-*.com/ ] v99a-beta
 WebSite : http://www.*-*-*.com/
 Phone # : 415-331-6003 (Pacific Standard Time)
 Location: Beautiful Sausalito, California, USA

***
 "Begin a new era of productivity..."? '96-00 Software By Ragazzi(tm)

***

Thu, 24 Apr 2003 03:00:00 GMT
 All my CD Drives are Missing
Hi Kevin,
Download the new drivers for Windows 2000 from Adaptec.

I personally would not use DirectCD since in order for someone else to use
the disks they would have to be running it as well...

Ben E. Brady
Brady & Associates, LLC.

Quote:
> I really messed something up <VBG>

> I installed DirectCD from Adaptec on my Win2K Server and after rebooting
all
> 3 of my CD drives are now missing. The device manager shows them with a
> yellow exclamation point and the error is: could not load required device
> drivers - Errorcode 31.

> I uninstalled DirectCD and no change.

> I uninstalled the CD drives and let Windows recognize them on the next
> reboot -- still no change.

> I "forced" updated the drivers and still no change.

> Any ideas -- Help!

> --
>  Kevin

> ***
>  Name    : Kevin B. Erskine, Owner, TopSpeed Certified Clarion
Professional

>  ICQ     : 10761812 [ http://www.icq.com/ ] v99a-beta
>  WebSite : http://www.Software-By-Ragazzi.com
>  Phone # : 415-331-6003 (Pacific Standard Time)
>  Location: Beautiful Sausalito, California, USA

> ***
>  "Begin a new era of productivity..."? '96-00 Software By Ragazzi(tm)

> ***

Thu, 24 Apr 2003 03:00:00 GMT
 All my CD Drives are Missing
Kevin

at first: Have you downloaded the newest drivers from Adaptec?
( Older may behave weird under win2K )

Last time I had something similar (in Win95) I had to remove manually
some registry entries ( Like an elephant, the registry never forgets :-)
I think you will find some articles about this topic in MSDN

Regards

JB

Quote:
> I installed DirectCD from Adaptec on my Win2K Server and after rebooting all
> 3 of my CD drives are now missing. The device manager shows them with a
> yellow exclamation point and the error is: could not load required device
> drivers - Errorcode 31.

> I uninstalled DirectCD and no change.

> I uninstalled the CD drives and let Windows recognize them on the next
> reboot -- still no change.

> I "forced" updated the drivers and still no change.

> Any ideas

Fri, 25 Apr 2003 03:00:00 GMT

1. Cross-Platform CD Publishing - best CD-R drive/sw

2. Distinguishing CD-ROM from CD/RW drives?

3. Selecting a CD Drive at Run Time

4. Selecting a CD drive at Runtime

5. Detection of the CD in the drive

6. Detecting CD Rom Drive

7. cannot find device or file error when installing 6.1 from cd or from hard drive

8. CD Drive

9. Installing a CD-Drive on a MacIvory Lispm???

10. Sending commands to CD-RW drives?

11. Opening/Closing CD-ROM drive

12. How to Read the CD-ROM Drive directly