Confused about sharing data remotely...
Author Message
 Confused about sharing data remotely...

I have an app that runs fine on a LAN -- but now the user wants to be able
to share certain files with  remote stores - in real time, of course.  I've
been trying to sort through the options (he wants to share three files --
records could number approx. 2,000 per file) such as clarionet, etc. and
would like to hear any suggestions you might have.  His app would access
most of the files locally -- the three shared files via whatever medium is
chosen.

Is there a simple and effective way to handle this?  Any suggestions
appreciated.

Sorry if this is a dumb question.  I am sincere in asking it.

TIA,

Jim A.

Sat, 19 Oct 2002 03:00:00 GMT

1. multi-process shared data and thread private data

2. confused if i should be doing type checking in the code ( a confused java programmer)

3. confused if i should be doing type checking in the co de ( a confused java programmer)

4. Data sharing

5. Shared Memory, Data Compression Documentation Questions

6. Data and Executables sharing directory

7. Shared Modules and Data

8. How to share data between applications.

9. AS/400 shared folders and data queues

10. Global variables to share data between separate programs.

11. Share Global Variables data between two separate programs in one machine

12. Recovery (was Re: Data sharing among lightweight tasks (long message))