Posting to Web Forms
Author Message
 Posting to Web Forms

Hi:  A recent thread on using Shellexecute to post data to a web form brings
up a question that I've had for a long time and am not sure where to look
for the answer.  I apologize if the answer is obvious.

My question is: Is it possible to post data from within a C5 app to a
webserver via a web form?  IOW, suppose I wanted to post something directly
to ebay.com.  Could it be done and what steps would be required?

I do understand how to post to a Search Engine, such as Google, using
Shellexecute.  I'm really curious about the prospect of posting to sites
that use Method=Post, etc.  The assumption is that this is possible via
NetTalk or by using WinInet.

Thanks,

Jim A.

Tue, 23 Mar 2004 05:57:27 GMT
 Posting to Web Forms
you can write code to post something to a web page.  I use the wininet api.
There are lots of articles in MSDN containing the sample code in C.  It took
a little doing to get the format and content type field right but eventually
I got it.  I was posting to a web site that had a mail list where you could
search for memebers.  I needed to update mailing lists. So I posted to the
search form, the page returned contained the address I needed and it was
fairly simple to parse it out.  I could loop thru my database and get the
current address for every one in it unless they were deleted from the
directory.
Jim kane

Quote:
> Hi:  A recent thread on using Shellexecute to post data to a web form
brings
> up a question that I've had for a long time and am not sure where to look
> for the answer.  I apologize if the answer is obvious.

> My question is: Is it possible to post data from within a C5 app to a
> webserver via a web form?  IOW, suppose I wanted to post something
directly
> to ebay.com.  Could it be done and what steps would be required?

> I do understand how to post to a Search Engine, such as Google, using
> Shellexecute.  I'm really curious about the prospect of posting to sites
> that use Method=Post, etc.  The assumption is that this is possible via
> NetTalk or by using WinInet.

> Thanks,

> Jim A.

Tue, 23 Mar 2004 07:52:31 GMT
 Posting to Web Forms

Quote:
> My question is: Is it possible to post data from within a C5 app to a
> webserver via a web form?  IOW, suppose I wanted to post something
directly
> to ebay.com.  Could it be done and what steps would be required?

I've done this before with Catalyst SocketTools. Not a lot of work once you
get the prototypes written.

Steve
--
Steven C. Gallafent - The Computer Guy

Tue, 23 Mar 2004 12:36:56 GMT
 Posting to Web Forms
Hi J.

 You can Post to a form using Net talk..

I use it to post to a cgi script and it works the nuts

Dan

Quote:
> Hi:  A recent thread on using Shellexecute to post data to a web form
brings
> up a question that I've had for a long time and am not sure where to look
> for the answer.  I apologize if the answer is obvious.

> My question is: Is it possible to post data from within a C5 app to a
> webserver via a web form?  IOW, suppose I wanted to post something
directly
> to ebay.com.  Could it be done and what steps would be required?

> I do understand how to post to a Search Engine, such as Google, using
> Shellexecute.  I'm really curious about the prospect of posting to sites
> that use Method=Post, etc.  The assumption is that this is possible via
> NetTalk or by using WinInet.

> Thanks,

> Jim A.

Wed, 24 Mar 2004 12:44:48 GMT

1. posting to a web form

2. upload file via web form (Re: to Trent Mick's posting)

3. POSTing info without a form

4. form posting to php "problem"

5. Posting a php form

6. Form posting problem and post data issue

7. Working, posting with html-forms..

8. POSTing multipart/form-data

9. Posting to HTML forms?

10. Posting Form and more

11. Posting to the web

12. Job Posting: Creative Director/Web Designer