New Product: Stealth Software Modulizer
Author Message
 New Product: Stealth Software Modulizer

Greetings all,

We've had this in the wings for a while but finally Stealth Software is
releasing the Clarion "Modulizer". A product by the illustrious Andrew
Ireland in collaboration with Joe van Niekerk.

This product is definitely something most people wouldn't have dreamt
possible but will prove a valuable asset to almost any project.

So!  What on earth would you want to use the Modulizer for!?

1. You have a project and you want to move it to ABC from the legacy
templates, but you can't move all the modules in one go. The Modulizer will
allow you to move each Module from Legacy to ABC and ship them as they are
completed. You can plug a non-ABC module into an ABC parent exe.

2. You have an application shipped to many clients but individual clients
need customized compiled reports. The Modulizer will allow you to plug the
custom compiled reports into the report menu of the specific client after
the product has been shipped, without having to update all the clients.

3. You want to enable plugin support so another Clarion developer can plug
added functionality into your application. For instance, you have an
accounting package and you'd like to allow developers to plug customized
addons for reporting, e-mail and faxing or exports and merge printing.

4. Most importantly, the Modulizer will allow you to develop a completely
module based application that you can plug together based on which
components the client either needs or has paid for. Each module with their
own Menu and be compiled into an exe to be run alone but simply and quickly
interchangable into a plugin module.

5. You can't understand why you need to create a data DLL and link all your
modules together when they are all independent and don't need to be linked
other than the fact that you'd like a single interface from a menu to all of
them!

Features:

-  Snap in plug and play support for Clarion.
-  Merge ABC Modules and Legacy modules into one interface without having to
port all of them to ABC.
-  No need for a Data DLL.
-  No need to recompile all DLLs.
-  Complete dynamic module support, ship only the modules needed, no need
for stub DLLs.
-  Plug addon reports and extra functionality neatly into your already
shipped exe.
-  Interface dynamically configures itself at runtime based on the DLLs and
procedures available.

And it's just a Clarion Lib file that gets compiled into your application so
no {*filter*} C DLLs will need to be shipped.

SHAREWARE DEMO:

We have a shareware demo available for Clarion 4 and Clarion 5 which you can
use to create your very own plugware aware application and your own plugin
modules. It's as easy as inserting a simple global extension, no
configuration needed.

Until we have it uploaded to the usual sites feel free to give me a shout at

you via e-mail.

Pricing:

For December 1998 and January 1999 the Modulizer will be on special at
US$99, thereafter it will be available at the normal price of US$119.

The Modilizer will form part of Clarion Plugware Lite (US$199) and Plugware
Enterprise (US$350).

Plugware Lite consists of the Modulizer and the Appletizer Lite.
Plugware Enterprise consists of the Modulizer and the Appletizer Enterprise
version.

Thanks for taking the time to take an interest, we promise it'll be worth
your while!

Best Regards

joe van niekerk
Stealth Software
Mail and Fax Templates, ezHelp Tips for Clarion and Developer Monitor.

Thu, 24 May 2001 03:00:00 GMT
 New Product: Stealth Software Modulizer
What!!!!

Quote:
>1. You have a project and you want to move it to ABC from the legacy
>templates, but you can't move all the modules in one go. The Modulizer will
>allow you to move each Module from Legacy to ABC and ship them as they are
>completed. You can plug a non-ABC module into an ABC parent exe.

I was told this was not possible

I guess I better check out the demo!

I could sure use this in my conversion process.

Chris Christenson

Chris Christenson

Fri, 25 May 2001 03:00:00 GMT
 New Product: Stealth Software Modulizer
Hi Chris,

Quote:

>What!!!!

>>1. You have a project and you want to move it to ABC from the legacy
>>templates, but you can't move all the modules in one go. The Modulizer
will
>>allow you to move each Module from Legacy to ABC and ship them as they are
>>completed. You can plug a non-ABC module into an ABC parent exe.

>I was told this was not possible

This has been true up until now! <g>  I can assure you, it wasn't easy! Once
we got it all working the effects looked quite magical. Strangely enough we
have a CW2.o version too except you can only plug non-MDI windows into
Clarion 4 and Clarion 5 applications! But at this stage it's not
functionality that we are actively persuing.

Regards

joe van niekerk

Fri, 25 May 2001 03:00:00 GMT
 New Product: Stealth Software Modulizer
Hi Chris,

Quote:
>>1. You have a project and you want to move it to ABC from the legacy
>>templates, but you can't move all the modules in one go. The Modulizer will
>>allow you to move each Module from Legacy to ABC and ship them as they are
>>completed. You can plug a non-ABC module into an ABC parent exe.

>I was told this was not possible

We have one app running using 1 exe and 4 dlls.

Exe - Clarion - using A.dct
1.dll - Clarion - using A.dct
2.dll - Clarion - using A.dct
3.dll - Clarion - using B.dct
4.dll - ABC - using A.dct

It _can_ be done, but it's a bit complicated to get it to work
together<g>  I guess the Modulizer makes it easier:)

Best regards,

Arnor Baldvinsson
[Team Topspeed - Internet Connect]
Allerup Edb
Denmark

http://www.icetips.com  (http://199.34.26.68)
UIN nr.: 2428601

Sat, 26 May 2001 03:00:00 GMT

1. Stealth Modulizer Special

2. (ANNOUNCE) New Commercial Software Product Developed Using Smalltalk

3. Software By Ragazzi - Product Update - New Multi-Compiler Options

4. Again a new product @ solid.software!

5. New product released @ solid.software!

6. SOFTWARE ENGINEERS (NEW PRODUCT APPLICATIONS)

7. Stealth Software

8. Stealth Software

9. Who is Stealth Software?

10. Stealth Software Email Fax templates - Do they Work???

11. New Third Party Product directory on ClarionMag - add your products now

12. clarion mail templates (Stealth software)