word wrapping in a browse box
Author Message
 word wrapping in a browse box

We are looking to add word wrapping to our 'edit in place' browse box.  We
are after a behavior similar to the wrapping on an MS Excel spreadsheet;
where you get to the end of the field and the current word wraps to the next
line and the entire row automatically expands to accommodate another line as
needed.

Can the current ABC browse box module be configured for this behavior, or is
there a third party module that will give us this behavior, or would this be
a hand coding job?

If hand coding is required, is there anyone out there I can hire to write
it?

-Phil Williams

Sat, 06 Aug 2005 00:42:45 GMT
 word wrapping in a browse box
No, however, there is a third part template available which mimmicks EIP
functionality in a form, so it looks like EIP, but has all the features of a
Form procedure - including scrolling memo fields etc.

Have a look for it at www.tomruby.com I don't belive it is available through
the usual distribution channels?

--
Geoff Bomford
www.comformark.com.au

I took a speed reading course and read 'War and Peace' in twenty minutes. It
involves Russia.
Woody Allen

Quote:
> We are looking to add word wrapping to our 'edit in place' browse box.  We
> are after a behavior similar to the wrapping on an MS Excel spreadsheet;
> where you get to the end of the field and the current word wraps to the
next
> line and the entire row automatically expands to accommodate another line
as
> needed.

> Can the current ABC browse box module be configured for this behavior, or
is
> there a third party module that will give us this behavior, or would this
be
> a hand coding job?

> If hand coding is required, is there anyone out there I can hire to write
> it?

> -Phil Williams

Sun, 07 Aug 2005 06:25:26 GMT
 word wrapping in a browse box
Phil,

Have a look at http://homepages.paradise.net.nz/alantelf/
The VEIP template from Alan Telford is excellent. Don't know if it
does just what you need but it does implement the form as EIP in a
browse window. He's very quick with answers so you could send off the
specific question if his page doesn't provide the answer.

On Mon, 17 Feb 2003 09:42:45 -0700, "Phil Williams"

Quote:

>We are looking to add word wrapping to our 'edit in place' browse box.  We
>are after a behavior similar to the wrapping on an MS Excel spreadsheet;
>where you get to the end of the field and the current word wraps to the next
>line and the entire row automatically expands to accommodate another line as
>needed.

>Can the current ABC browse box module be configured for this behavior, or is
>there a third party module that will give us this behavior, or would this be
>a hand coding job?

>If hand coding is required, is there anyone out there I can hire to write
>it?

>-Phil Williams

Sun, 07 Aug 2005 07:46:31 GMT

1. printing word-documents from browse-box

2. Browse box option boxes

3. refreshing browse box on form from parent browse

4. Puzzler: Word Wrap

5. Puzzler: Word Wrap

6. Puzzler: Word Wrap.

7. Updated word wrap routine

8. Word wrap

9. No word-wrap

10. Word Wrap in Report?

11. Word Wrap Button Text

12. VA Visibility now includes word wrapping