Spaces in Directory Names - Long Filenames
Author Message
 Spaces in Directory Names - Long Filenames

I have an app that I converted to ABC using C4. I need it to import
from a file that is located under Program Files. For some reason the
app won't recognize the path. If I manually type in the path using the
old DOS method (Progra~1) the path works fine. I'm using the Dos File
Lookup control template and I have enable long filenames in the
options for it. When I browse for the path it's not working. Any
thoughts?

                                        TIA

                                        John

Mon, 19 Aug 2002 03:00:00 GMT
 Spaces in Directory Names - Long Filenames
I've seen lots of problem with Clarion when your path has spaces.  For your
application data, you're best off you keep them out of the path.

Quote:
> I have an app that I converted to ABC using C4. I need it to import
> from a file that is located under Program Files. For some reason the
> app won't recognize the path. If I manually type in the path using the
> old DOS method (Progra~1) the path works fine. I'm using the Dos File
> Lookup control template and I have enable long filenames in the
> options for it. When I browse for the path it's not working. Any
> thoughts?

> TIA

> John

Mon, 19 Aug 2002 03:00:00 GMT
 Spaces in Directory Names - Long Filenames
I believe Vince Sorenson has a pair of functions that will convert long file
names for use in CW.

HTH
Jes

Programming is:  When you turn a good idea into CODE.
Learn how to avoid Y2K -- don't put dates
in your applications.

Quote:
> I have an app that I converted to ABC using C4. I need it to import
> from a file that is located under Program Files. For some reason the
> app won't recognize the path. If I manually type in the path using the
> old DOS method (Progra~1) the path works fine. I'm using the Dos File
> Lookup control template and I have enable long filenames in the
> options for it. When I browse for the path it's not working. Any
> thoughts?

> TIA

> John

Tue, 20 Aug 2002 03:00:00 GMT
 Spaces in Directory Names - Long Filenames
John,

Compile your app in 32 bits....

--

www.prodoc.com

Quote:
> I have an app that I converted to ABC using C4. I need it to import
> from a file that is located under Program Files. For some reason the
> app won't recognize the path. If I manually type in the path using the
> old DOS method (Progra~1) the path works fine. I'm using the Dos File
> Lookup control template and I have enable long filenames in the
> options for it. When I browse for the path it's not working. Any
> thoughts?

> TIA

> John

Sun, 25 Aug 2002 03:00:00 GMT
 Spaces in Directory Names - Long Filenames
It is compiled as a 32 bit app - still doesn't work. The path is
pointing to a Btrieve file and the app uses the Btrieve file driver. I
wonder if that has something to do with it??

                                Thanks
                                John

On Wed, 8 Mar 2000 13:25:06 -0600, "Bernard Grosperrin"

Quote:

>John,

>Compile your app in 32 bits....

>--
>Bernard, "Bernie"

>www.prodoc.com

Mon, 26 Aug 2002 03:00:00 GMT

1. Retreiving Directory Name not Filename C4 ABC

2. Tclx recursive_glob issue with spaces in the directory name

3. file dialog doesn't work with spaces or non-list directory names

4. Long Filenames okay for physical filenames???

5. Directory and long file names

6. DOS 8.3 filenames (how to remove long filenames header)

7. Library os.path.isfile(filename) - long filenames error.

8. Name spaces - instantiation labels and entity names

9. Long name to short name conversion

10. Opening a file on NT with a space in the filename

11. Editing filenames with spaces

12. filenames w/ spaces a