Browse images as data changes
Author Message
 Browse images as data changes
I'am new in Clarion (5ABC) and I like to know
how can I browse images with data in browse box.
Images (GIFs) should be in a separate folder (not as BLOB).

Thanks in advance
Dule

Sat, 10 Aug 2002 03:00:00 GMT
 Browse images as data changes
you can, unfortunately, I only know the embedded source point to Legacy,
not ABCs, but I think you could turn your legacy embeds on, find the one
I'm using and get close enough to figure the rest out on your own.

You put an image control on the browse window.

in the REFRESH WINDOW DISPLAY, BEFORE DISPLAY() you put a line of code
like

?Image1{Prop:Text}='name of file to display'

        Each time you page/scroll down, this line of code gets fired off
and sets the image to image to display.  You need to build the name of
file to display in some way from your database (generally, you need to
store the file name if not the entire path as part of the image record
and have that as a hot field on the browse).

        Tim

Quote:

--
Tim Phillips
Vermont Agency of Natural Resources

Sun, 11 Aug 2002 03:00:00 GMT
 Browse images as data changes
Make sure the name of the variable holding the filename is a hotfield
(Actions tab on the listbox)
On the TakeNewSelection embed point of the Browse Object
    ?image1{prop:text}=Cus:Picture
--
Best regards,
James Cooke

Sun, 11 Aug 2002 03:00:00 GMT
 Browse images as data changes

Quote:
>Images (GIFs) should be in a separate folder (not as BLOB).

Storing images as Blobs in the same file as their associated data
tends to slow down the file
I store them as separate images on disk and / or in a separate image
file that only has two fields the identifier field and the BLOB and
then access as needed.
Furthermore storing a 100k jpg file in a blob may expands its size by
multiple of that.

   Warm regards

     Elli

CW5peB,TPS,Legacy   , win98

Mon, 12 Aug 2002 03:00:00 GMT

1. image file name changed on image save

2. Imaging - scanning images and auto-filling data

3. Losing data on data structure change

4. Displaying images stored in Blob in a browse window

5. Display a browsing image

6. Browse grid and Dynamic Image question

7. button/image ofer browse control?

8. Displaying Thumbnail Images in a browse

9. Browse or Table with image

10. Browse and image control problems

11. Displaying Images in a Browse