Moving from Windows 98 to Windows 2000
Author Message
 Moving from Windows 98 to Windows 2000

I have just moved my Clarion 5.5Enterprise software from Win98 to
W200Professional.
My problem is that the drive or path has changed.
Under 98 if I added an Icon to Project Editor\Library object and
resource files it as shown as being in the current folder i.e.
openfold.ico. Under 2000 it  displays as D:\prog\clarion\openfold.ico.
This isn't a problem until I make a copy of the App and DCT and place
it in another folder. I now have to delete and reenter each icon
again.
Is there a quick way around this?

Mon, 26 Sep 2005 14:04:11 GMT
 Moving from Windows 98 to Windows 2000
Terry,

yes, there is another way: Use the redirection file instead of absolute
paths. If you use a file within C55 and this file can be found via RED
then there is no folder info stored in your App (only the file name).

HTH

Raimund

Quote:

> I have just moved my Clarion 5.5Enterprise software from Win98 to
> W200Professional.
> My problem is that the drive or path has changed.
> Under 98 if I added an Icon to Project Editor\Library object and
> resource files it as shown as being in the current folder i.e.
> openfold.ico. Under 2000 it  displays as

D:\prog\clarion\openfold.ico.
Quote:
> This isn't a problem until I make a copy of the App and DCT and place
> it in another folder. I now have to delete and reenter each icon
> again.
> Is there a quick way around this?

Mon, 26 Sep 2005 15:38:47 GMT
 Moving from Windows 98 to Windows 2000
Raimund thks for the reply.
I'm not sure I understand though. To add an image to this pareticular
location I have to use the browse. The image is then displayed with
the path. There apeears to be no way to remove the path and just leave
the icon name.
Quote:

> Terry,

> yes, there is another way: Use the redirection file instead of absolute
> paths. If you use a file within C55 and this file can be found via RED
> then there is no folder info stored in your App (only the file name).

> HTH
> > Under 98 if I added an Icon to Project Editor\Library object and
> > resource files it as shown as being in the current folder i.e.
> > openfold.ico. Under 2000 it  displays as
>  D:\prog\clarion\openfold.ico.
> > This isn't a problem until I make a copy of the App and DCT and place
> > it in another folder. I now have to delete and reenter each icon
> > again.
> > Is there a quick way around this?

Tue, 27 Sep 2005 01:46:04 GMT
 Moving from Windows 98 to Windows 2000
Terry, you are correct, AFAIK there is no way around this, except by having
all the required image files in the application's 'home' directory.
When the browsebox pops up, it is in the local application directory: if you
do not move out of the current directory, the resource is added without the
path.
However, if you browse out of the current directory, the full path is
appended to the resource filename.

HTH

Quote:
> Raimund thks for the reply.
> I'm not sure I understand though. To add an image to this pareticular
> location I have to use the browse. The image is then displayed with
> the path. There apeears to be no way to remove the path and just leave
> the icon name.

Quote:
> > Terry,

> > yes, there is another way: Use the redirection file instead of absolute
> > paths. If you use a file within C55 and this file can be found via RED
> > then there is no folder info stored in your App (only the file name).

> > HTH
> > > Under 98 if I added an Icon to Project Editor\Library object and
> > > resource files it as shown as being in the current folder i.e.
> > > openfold.ico. Under 2000 it  displays as
> >  D:\prog\clarion\openfold.ico.
> > > This isn't a problem until I make a copy of the App and DCT and place
> > > it in another folder. I now have to delete and reenter each icon
> > > again.
> > > Is there a quick way around this?

Tue, 27 Sep 2005 03:28:54 GMT
 Moving from Windows 98 to Windows 2000
Terry,

The RED-file is used to describe search-paths, like:
*.ICO=%ROOT%\3RDPARTY\Images
in C55ee.red tells the compiler to look in the
\3rdParty\Images directory for any icons not found
in the current directory.
If it can't find the icon in the current directory or in
the 'search-path', it will store it with it's full pathname.

When you have installed your clarion in another than the
default drive\directory, you must edit your .RED file(s)
to reflect that change.

--

Best regards,
Maarten

"I know what I know but I do not know what you don't know"

Tue, 27 Sep 2005 03:31:25 GMT
 Moving from Windows 98 to Windows 2000
Willie,

Quote:
> Terry, you are correct, AFAIK there is no way around this,

No. I must admit I have this 'problem' too since I upgraded
to the 'H' patch. The Project editor doesn't seem to look at
the RED file anymore (it used to work in the past).
But, the compiler/linker _do_ look at the red-file.
So, when the 'Select Resource' browse is opened (in your
current, working, directory), just type in the name of the
icon you wish to add and press the [Open] button. The icon-
name will now be added to the project without the path.

--

Best regards,
Maarten
CDD3.1, C5EEb - ABC & C5.5.08EE
Certainly Clarion Developer

"I know what I know but I do not know what you don't know"

Tue, 27 Sep 2005 03:45:05 GMT
 Moving from Windows 98 to Windows 2000
Shows you hey - you learn something new everyday!

I never thought about just ignoring the fact that the file is not there -
just type the filename and press Open... maybe the button should have been
labeled "OK" :-)

Quote:
> Willie,

> > Terry, you are correct, AFAIK there is no way around this,
> No. I must admit I have this 'problem' too since I upgraded
> to the 'H' patch. The Project editor doesn't seem to look at
> the RED file anymore (it used to work in the past).
> But, the compiler/linker _do_ look at the red-file.
> So, when the 'Select Resource' browse is opened (in your
> current, working, directory), just type in the name of the
> icon you wish to add and press the [Open] button. The icon-
> name will now be added to the project without the path.

> --

> Best regards,
> Maarten
> CDD3.1, C5EEb - ABC & C5.5.08EE
> Certainly Clarion Developer

> "I know what I know but I do not know what you don't know"

Tue, 27 Sep 2005 08:53:38 GMT

1. A custom built DLL crashes labview 5.1 in windows 2000 but worked fine in windows 98

2. Help of Fortran 77 in Windows 98 and Windows 2000 or XP.

3. was Re: 4.01Graphics Problem with Windows 98 but not NT or 2000

4. 4.01 - Graphics Problem with Windows 98 but not NT or 2000

5. PL/I compiler for win 98 or Windows 2000

6. AdaGIDE 7.00 release (Ada GUI IDE for Windows 95,98,ME,NT,2000,XP)

7. cobol error 98 in WIndows 2000

8. How to print in Windows 98/2000

9. Moving Linux app ot Windows 2000

10. Clarion 5 app, windows 98 and windows XP

11. Windows 98 DDK & Windows in assembly

12. 814078: Security Update (Microsoft Jscript version 5.1, Windows 98 and Windows N