Export from Clarion 2.1 Dat files to ASCII
Author Message
 Export from Clarion 2.1 Dat files to ASCII

I am wanting to extract the data from Clarion 2.1 .dat files to an ascii
format.  Can anyone help? I've got the documentation on the file structure
of the .dat files, but I would like to know if there is a utility already
written to do this.

Thanks,
Timothy Wade

Thu, 06 Jun 2002 03:00:00 GMT
 Export from Clarion 2.1 Dat files to ASCII
The clarion 2.1 reporter does this with charm , i wish the CW RW did.

   Warm regards

     Elli

CW5peB,TPS,Legacy   , win98

Thu, 06 Jun 2002 03:00:00 GMT
 Export from Clarion 2.1 Dat files to ASCII
I am not a Clarion developer...I work mostly with VB, SQL Server, and ASP.
There are no source files for this Clarion 2.1 application and the Clarion
developer is not readily available to us.  Is the Reporter a separate exe?
like cscn.exe?

I did come up with a way to pull the data out of the dat files by
redirecting the printer output to a file through DOS. This has worked well
with other old systems.  Clarion, however, crops the data off at 8.5 x 11
format.

If I have to I will write a program to read the dat files...but we are
needing a quick and dirty solution like yesterday...

Tell me more about this Reporter....can i dl it? is it an exe like cscn.exe?

Quote:
> The clarion 2.1 reporter does this with charm , i wish the CW RW did.

>    Warm regards

>      Elli

> CW5peB,TPS,Legacy   , win98

Thu, 06 Jun 2002 03:00:00 GMT
 Export from Clarion 2.1 Dat files to ASCII
Timothy -

Did you look at CCVT ?

On Sun, 19 Dec 1999 10:27:40 -0600, "Timothy Wade"

Quote:

>I am not a Clarion developer...I work mostly with VB, SQL Server, and ASP.
>There are no source files for this Clarion 2.1 application and the Clarion
>developer is not readily available to us.  Is the Reporter a separate exe?
>like cscn.exe?

>I did come up with a way to pull the data out of the dat files by
>redirecting the printer output to a file through DOS. This has worked well
>with other old systems.  Clarion, however, crops the data off at 8.5 x 11
>format.

>If I have to I will write a program to read the dat files...but we are
>needing a quick and dirty solution like yesterday...

>Tell me more about this Reporter....can i dl it? is it an exe like cscn.exe?

>> The clarion 2.1 reporter does this with charm , i wish the CW RW did.

>>    Warm regards

>>      Elli

>> CW5peB,TPS,Legacy   , win98

Jeff Slarve  [Team Topspeed]
http://www.jssoftware.com

Thu, 06 Jun 2002 03:00:00 GMT
 Export from Clarion 2.1 Dat files to ASCII
Clarion Professional Developer 2.1 came with a utility program 'CONVERTER'
that will export your files to CSV (Basic) format.  The program file is
CCVT.EXE.  I do not know if it is freely distributble, but I still have a
copy. Feel free to mail me your data files and I will run them through the
utility.

HTH
Jes

Programming is:  When you turn a good idea into CODE.
Learn how to avoid Y2K -- don't put dates
in your applications.

Quote:

>I am wanting to extract the data from Clarion 2.1 .dat files to an ascii
>format.  Can anyone help? I've got the documentation on the file structure
>of the .dat files, but I would like to know if there is a utility already
>written to do this.

>Thanks,
>Timothy Wade

Fri, 07 Jun 2002 03:00:00 GMT
 Export from Clarion 2.1 Dat files to ASCII
Timothy - Data Junction will convert this file to any format you want.
Visit the data junction web site - they almost alway have a free demo
available.  www.datajunction.com
Alan Shaw
Quote:

> I am wanting to extract the data from Clarion 2.1 .dat files to an ascii
> format.  Can anyone help? I've got the documentation on the file structure
> of the .dat files, but I would like to know if there is a utility already
> written to do this.

> Thanks,
> Timothy Wade

Sat, 08 Jun 2002 03:00:00 GMT
 Export from Clarion 2.1 Dat files to ASCII
if you have Clarion 2.1 you can use
CCVT.EXE that will work for you

Quote:

--

Thanks
Eric Jacobowitz

http://www.castlecomputer.com
Direct Fax Number 1.209.729.4590

Sat, 08 Jun 2002 03:00:00 GMT
 Export from Clarion 2.1 Dat files to ASCII
CCVT will work as long as you don't need to export dates.

Quote:
> if you have Clarion 2.1 you can use
> CCVT.EXE that will work for you

> > format.  Can anyone help? I've got the documentation on the file
structure
> > of the .dat files, but I would like to know if there is a utility
already
> > written to do this.<<

> --

> Thanks
> Eric Jacobowitz

> http://www.castlecomputer.com
> Direct Fax Number 1.209.729.4590

Mon, 17 Jun 2002 03:00:00 GMT
 Export from Clarion 2.1 Dat files to ASCII
I didnt have a copy of that...I used the utility that I attached to an
earlier reply.  The dates exported to the Clarion numeric format.  I posted
some VB code that converts the date, but the algorithm has somethin screwey
about it...Look at that post on Clarion Date Conversion Algorithm Problem.

Quote:
> CCVT will work as long as you don't need to export dates.

> > if you have Clarion 2.1 you can use
> > CCVT.EXE that will work for you

> ascii
> > > format.  Can anyone help? I've got the documentation on the file
> structure
> > > of the .dat files, but I would like to know if there is a utility
> already
> > > written to do this.<<

> > --

> > Thanks
> > Eric Jacobowitz

> > http://www.castlecomputer.com
> > Direct Fax Number 1.209.729.4590

Mon, 17 Jun 2002 03:00:00 GMT
 Export from Clarion 2.1 Dat files to ASCII
Timothy Wade,

Take a look at www.whotsit.com for a description off Clarion 2.1 DAT files.

In a document is written also the calculation of the date.

Jos

Tue, 18 Jun 2002 03:00:00 GMT
 Export from Clarion 2.1 Dat files to ASCII
I believe he was talking about http://www.wotsit.org/

Quote:

>>Timothy Wade,

>>Take a look at www.whotsit.com for a description off Clarion 2.1 DAT files.

>>In a document is written also the calculation of the date.

>>Jos

>OK Jos,
>    Was this just a spam attempt or was there supposed to be some
>thing there?

Jeff Slarve  [Team Topspeed]
http://www.jssoftware.com

Sun, 23 Jun 2002 03:00:00 GMT
 Export from Clarion 2.1 Dat files to ASCII
Hello Eddie,

Spam attempt ? come on .........!
I thought he needs the file structure description (byte wise, header etc.)
Whotsit.com is a pretty good database of file descriptions.
I found there the description for Clarion .DAT .Key .Idx and from the
.APP (CFD 2.1)

Satisfied ...?

Jos Veenendaal

Quote:

>>Timothy Wade,

>>Take a look at www.whotsit.com for a description off Clarion 2.1 DAT files.

>>In a document is written also the calculation of the date.

>>Jos

>OK Jos,
>    Was this just a spam attempt or was there supposed to be some
>thing there?

Sun, 23 Jun 2002 03:00:00 GMT
 Export from Clarion 2.1 Dat files to ASCII
Sorry, but you got the name wrong and sent him to somebody's personal
homepage. <g>

The correct URL is http://www.wotsit.org/    (no "h" and it's "org" not
"com)

-- Craig (The Data Ferret)
Download the Report Archiving & Retrieval System  freeware from:
http://www.webpak.net/~pcferret/
Using Outlook Express
CPD 2.1 / CDD 3.x / C5EE&IC
CPCS CCS CLACom WinEvent CWA CSS AppMan
JANUS/Ada 83 95 CLAW NetBeans Forte
"Do not meddle in the affairs of FERRETS...."

Quote:
> Hello Eddie,

> Spam attempt ? come on .........!
> I thought he needs the file structure description (byte wise, header etc.)
> Whotsit.com is a pretty good database of file descriptions.
> I found there the description for Clarion .DAT .Key .Idx and from the
> .APP (CFD 2.1)

> Satisfied ...?

> Jos Veenendaal

> >>Timothy Wade,

> >>Take a look at www.whotsit.com for a description off Clarion 2.1 DAT
files.

> >>In a document is written also the calculation of the date.

> >>Jos

> >OK Jos,
> > Was this just a spam attempt or was there supposed to be some
> >thing there?

Sun, 23 Jun 2002 03:00:00 GMT
 Export from Clarion 2.1 Dat files to ASCII
Hi all ,
Thanks Graig & Eddie,
I use it a lot, and keep it as a bookmark and I didn't check the URL
I was given.

regards Jos

Quote:

>I knew it was all just a big cosmic understanding.  I must apologize
>again to Jos.

>Once I got to the right place, it was all he said it was.   :)
>Thanks all

>On Wed, 5 Jan 2000 08:12:41 -0500, "Craig E. Ransom"

>>Sorry, but you got the name wrong and sent him to somebody's personal
>>homepage. <g>

>>The correct URL is http://www.wotsit.org/    (no "h" and it's "org" not
>>"com)

Mon, 24 Jun 2002 03:00:00 GMT
 Export from Clarion 2.1 Dat files to ASCII

Quote:
> I use it a lot, and keep it as a bookmark and I didn't check the URL
> I was given.

I just typed in a code segment from memory in another group - and made two
large errors when I did so!

Copy & Paste for me!

-- Craig (The Data Ferret)
Download the Report Archiving & Retrieval System  freeware from:
http://www.webpak.net/~pcferret/
Using Outlook Express
CPD 2.1 / CDD 3.x / C5EE&IC
CPCS CCS CLACom WinEvent CWA CSS AppMan
JANUS/Ada 83 95 CLAW NetBeans Forte
"Do not meddle in the affairs of FERRETS...."

Quote:
> Hi all ,
> Thanks Graig & Eddie,
> I use it a lot, and keep it as a bookmark and I didn't check the URL
> I was given.

> regards Jos

> >I knew it was all just a big cosmic understanding.  I must apologize
> >again to Jos.

> >Once I got to the right place, it was all he said it was.   :)
> >Thanks all

> >On Wed, 5 Jan 2000 08:12:41 -0500, "Craig E. Ransom"

> >>Sorry, but you got the name wrong and sent him to somebody's personal
> >>homepage. <g>

> >>The correct URL is http://www.wotsit.org/    (no "h" and it's "org" not
> >>"com)

Mon, 24 Jun 2002 03:00:00 GMT

1. Export Clarion .DAT files to ASCII comma delimited files

2. Export Clarion .DAT files to ASCII comma delimited files

3. Exporting Clarion DAT file to ASCII(Text)File

4. Clarion 2.1 DOS - Owner ID on DAT file

5. Browsing Clarion Dos 2.1 Dat files

6. Clarion 2.1 Dat file corruption

7. Clarion 2.1, file in ascii

8. Converting Clarion DOS 2.1 *.DAT to CW - Choosing between CW VB Delphi

9. Export from Clarion version 2.1 Release 218A

10. Clarion DOS 2.1 export arrays

11. Export filters for Clarion 2.1?

12. clarion 2.1 key files not working with clarion 4