Calling a form from the menu with C4 and ABC templates
Author Message
 Calling a form from the menu with C4 and ABC templates

I am stuck.  I am trying to call a form from a menu selection to add a new
record without going through a browse first.  I am using C4 and the ABC
template chain.  What has changed from the Clarion Template chain to the ABC
Template chain in this process.

I know in the Legacy Templates you could just add
"GlobalRequest = InsertRecord" in the Initialization procedure and now that
does not seem to be working this time.

Thanks in advance for the help.

John Heck

Sun, 18 Feb 2001 03:00:00 GMT
 Calling a form from the menu with C4 and ABC templates
Hi John!

Use the init method of the window with priority set to First and put

GlobalRequest  =  InsertRecord

Quote:

>I am stuck.  I am trying to call a form from a menu selection to add a new
>record without going through a browse first.  I am using C4 and the ABC
>template chain.  What has changed from the Clarion Template chain to the
ABC
>Template chain in this process.

Sun, 18 Feb 2001 03:00:00 GMT
 Calling a form from the menu with C4 and ABC templates
John,
Have a look in the online help (F1), click on CONTENTS, Click on HOW
DO I?, and its near the bottom of the Browse Boxes and Lists Section.
Good Luck

Mike Valente

Quote:

>I am stuck.  I am trying to call a form from a menu selection to add a new
>record without going through a browse first.  I am using C4 and the ABC
>template chain.  What has changed from the Clarion Template chain to the ABC
>Template chain in this process.

>I know in the Legacy Templates you could just add
>"GlobalRequest = InsertRecord" in the Initialization procedure and now that
>does not seem to be working this time.

>Thanks in advance for the help.

>John Heck

Tue, 20 Feb 2001 03:00:00 GMT
 Calling a form from the menu with C4 and ABC templates

John:
I struggled with this one for a week, then found the solution on the
Icetips (www.icetips.com) knowledgebase.

Basically, set up the form procedure to be called from your menu.
Then in the embed section for the form procedure, look for the
WindowManager Method Executable Code Section, Init(), and add the
following code as "source"

Set(yourfilename)
IF Access:yourfilename.Next()
ThisWindow.Request = InsertRecord
Else
ThisWindow.Request = ChangeRecord
End

Set the priority to "last", and you are done.
Something this simple should have been documented, IMO.

HTH
-Dennis

Quote:

>>I am stuck.  I am trying to call a form from a menu selection to add a new
>>record without going through a browse first.  I am using C4 and the ABC
>>template chain.  What has changed from the Clarion Template chain to the ABC
>>Template chain in this process.

>>I know in the Legacy Templates you could just add
>>"GlobalRequest = InsertRecord" in the Initialization procedure and now that
>>does not seem to be working this time.

>>Thanks in advance for the help.

>>John Heck

Mon, 26 Feb 2001 03:00:00 GMT

1. Are there TRAINING VIDEOS for C4-ABC Templates?

2. C4 and ABC templates with Multiple Filters

3. RESEND: C4(ABC) Template Problem

4. C4 ABC Process Template

5. C4 ABC - how shortstop a popup menu?

6. C4 ABC POPUP Menus

7. C4 Legacy Report templates - Forms Vanish

8. FORM WITHOUT BROWSER - ABC FREE TEMPLATE (C55 EE)

9. Problem with Form template CW2003 and C4B5 ABC

10. Problem in Form template CW2003 & C4B5 ABC

11. C4 ABC - auto-call a procedure when returning from a browse update

12. Wierd problem when calling function ABC as: [ABC] *or* eval ABC