Passing DLL events to parent frame
Author Message
 Passing DLL events to parent frame

I'm having the following problem: I'm trying to pass an event from a DLL to
the parent application that called it but can't get it to work since events
can't have the 'DLL - EXTERNAL' attribute ('Invalid Data Type').
This is how it should work:

1) By pressing a button on the parent frame toolbar the external DLL is
called;
2) the button becomes disabled;
3) the button is re-enabled when the procedure in the DLL terminates.

I know how to do this in a self-contained application using the main thread
& case events but how do u do that with DLLs?
Thanks for any help and Merry Xmas to all.

------------------------------------->
Jean-Marc Rousset

------------------------------------->

Sun, 11 Jun 2000 03:00:00 GMT
 Passing DLL events to parent frame

Hello Jean Marc!

Is the external DLL written in CW?

You can maybe simply define an user event and post it to the frame when the
called DLL finished execution.

--
Pierre Tremblay
Team TopSpeed - Internet

Quote:

>I'm having the following problem: I'm trying to pass an event from a DLL to
>the parent application that called it but can't get it to work since events
>can't have the 'DLL - EXTERNAL' attribute ('Invalid Data Type').
>This is how it should work:

>1) By pressing a button on the parent frame toolbar the external DLL is
>called;
>2) the button becomes disabled;
>3) the button is re-enabled when the procedure in the DLL terminates.

>I know how to do this in a self-contained application using the main thread
>& case events but how do u do that with DLLs?
>Thanks for any help and Merry Xmas to all.

>------------------------------------->
>Jean-Marc Rousset

>------------------------------------->

Sun, 11 Jun 2000 03:00:00 GMT

1. Passing DLL events to parent frame?

2. Error: No Parent Frame for DLL Child MDI window

3. Pass X events to parent

4. Open dialog passes events through to parent

5. Passing Javascript/VRML events between frames

6. event bindings which pass the event himself first..?

7. Are Frames a true subset (parent) of Canvas?

8. Method to pass data from a child to a parent process

9. How to pass the result (array) of the spawnned processes to parent when it complets

10. events from child -> parent

11. event trapping in frame

12. Frame extentions with timer events