Any Help Appreciated

TIA

Sam

Sun, 07 Mar 2004 13:57:18 GMT
 Record Retrival Error Help???

Quote:

> I have just started getting this error
> Record Retrival Error
> 1013 and 2172
> C55d TPS Files Networked app
> W2K Sp2

> Has anyone experienced this and how do
> I resolve this?

Very long time ago I had similar problem by my self. I did have one instance
to access (.mdb) file which were open all the time (1st mistake!) via odbc and
browse window.
My app also did process several topspeed files (.tps) open all the time (2nd mistake!)
After few weeks continuous processing I started to get "record retrival" errors.
Fix I made was OPEN/CLOSE handling for the files. I initialized inner "pointer"
for the access file and started to make OPEN and processing from the saved "pointer".
This did settle down my app against above error for good.

Regards,
Ville

Sun, 07 Mar 2004 18:42:30 GMT
 Record Retrival Error Help???
Thank you Ville

I am using only TPS files
and the error seems to occur when
I have 3 or more users acces the application
This did not happen in c5b
This has only happened since I upgraded
to c55e I installed c55e went to c55d
and the error which started in c55e has now returned

Sam

> > I have just started getting this error
> > Record Retrival Error
> > 1013 and 2172
> > C55d TPS Files Networked app
> > W2K Sp2

> > Has anyone experienced this and how do
> > I resolve this?

> Very long time ago I had similar problem by my self. I did have one
instance
> to access (.mdb) file which were open all the time (1st mistake!) via odbc
and
> browse window.
> My app also did process several topspeed files (.tps) open all the time
(2nd mistake!)
> After few weeks continuous processing I started to get "record retrival"
errors.
> Fix I made was OPEN/CLOSE handling for the files. I initialized inner
"pointer"
> for the access file and started to make OPEN and processing from the saved
"pointer".
> This did settle down my app against above error for good.

> Regards,
> Ville

Sun, 07 Mar 2004 20:32:05 GMT

1. Record Retrival Error Help

2. Record Retrival Error W2k Help!!!

3. **Record Retrival Error**

4. What Caused My Record Retrival Error

5. RECORD RETRIVAL ERROR

6. Help New User with Record Retrieval Error!!!

7. Error(36) Invalid Data file / Error: Invalid Record Declaration

8. Error: Unable to read keyed record Error 36

9. Retrival of parameters from POST forms

10. Retrival of parameters passed by POST method

11. HELP HELP HELP - round function error

12. Record Retrieval Error