Dos file locking error
Author Message
 Dos file locking error

Client called today with an error message I've never seen before
"runtime error : unkown error posted 6: Dos file locking error."  The
program is running on a Win95 network with the data files located on a
server and exe on each workstation.
The app performs no file locking.  Any info on this message?

"If I knew what I was doing, I probably wouldn't do it."

Sun, 05 Aug 2001 03:00:00 GMT
 Dos file locking error
Maybe the single-user started the app twice?

Hey wait, exe on each ws, are these users sharing data?
--
Dr.Ruud

Chaos rules

Quote:
>Client called today with an error message I've never seen before
>"runtime error : unkown error posted 6: Dos file locking error."  The
>program is running on a Win95 network with the data files located on
>server and exe on each workstation.
>The app performs no file locking.  Any info on this message?

Fri, 10 Aug 2001 03:00:00 GMT
 Dos file locking error
Are you running NETBEUI protocol and is this a batch update program?

Did you then receive a "Error Reading Drive x" message, but yet the other
windows apps could access the network?

If so, remove NETBEUI and go to TCP/IP. You are overloading it.

Mark.

Quote:

>Maybe the single-user started the app twice?

>Hey wait, exe on each ws, are these users sharing data?
>--
>Dr.Ruud

>Chaos rules

>>Client called today with an error message I've never seen before
>>"runtime error : unkown error posted 6: Dos file locking error."  The
>>program is running on a Win95 network with the data files located on
>>server and exe on each workstation.
>>The app performs no file locking.  Any info on this message?

Sat, 11 Aug 2001 03:00:00 GMT

1. File lock on TPS incompatable DOS and WIN

2. Error 32 - File is already locked

3. Network Problem!!! File Lock Error

4. File lock error

5. File Lock Error in Windows 2000

6. cw2003: transfer blob into dos files, transfer dos files into blob

7. Error: Time Lock Error

8. Index lock error & Read Error

9. DBF/NTX error 1035 Lock Error

10. Error/13002 Index Lock Error!

11. num lock, caps lock, scroll lock lights

12. Error BASE/2012 Create error: AC01.DBF (DOS Error 32)