C4a: Btrieve Record Manager
Author Message
 C4a: Btrieve Record Manager

Hi All,
    I'm running C4a on NT with Pervasive.SQL. I have the Btrieve
and SSQL servers automatically startup with NT. When I try to
browse a file within the C4a dictionary, it gives me a "Driver
Error(20): Btrieve Record Manager Disabled". I have the patch to
the C4 Btrieve driver installed. Does anybody know a workaround
for this? The app wizard creates an app that runs just fine.
Thanx for any help.

Gary Hines
Welcome America!

Sat, 07 Oct 2000 03:00:00 GMT
 C4a: Btrieve Record Manager

Hi Gary,
Check your BTI.INI, see if you have this setting

[Btrieve]
local=yes

If not, put it and try again. Should work.

Regards,
Ayo.

On Tue, 21 Apr 1998 08:47:27 -0500, Gary Hines

Quote:

>Hi All,
>    I'm running C4a on NT with Pervasive.SQL. I have the Btrieve
>and SSQL servers automatically startup with NT. When I try to
>browse a file within the C4a dictionary, it gives me a "Driver
>Error(20): Btrieve Record Manager Disabled". I have the patch to
>the C4 Btrieve driver installed. Does anybody know a workaround
>for this? The app wizard creates an app that runs just fine.
>Thanx for any help.

>Gary Hines
>Welcome America!

Wed, 11 Oct 2000 03:00:00 GMT
 C4a: Btrieve Record Manager

Hi Ayodele,
    I tried that and now I no longer get the Error(20). Now I get
Error(30): Not a Btrieve File. I have no problem browsing the file
with my app wizard generated clarion program however. Any more ideas?
Thanx for all the help.

Gary Hines

Quote:

> Hi Gary,
> Check your BTI.INI, see if you have this setting

> [Btrieve]
> local=yes

> If not, put it and try again. Should work.

> Regards,
> Ayo.

> On Tue, 21 Apr 1998 08:47:27 -0500, Gary Hines

> >Hi All,
> >    I'm running C4a on NT with Pervasive.SQL. I have the Btrieve
> >and SSQL servers automatically startup with NT. When I try to
> >browse a file within the C4a dictionary, it gives me a "Driver
> >Error(20): Btrieve Record Manager Disabled". I have the patch to
> >the C4 Btrieve driver installed. Does anybody know a workaround
> >for this? The app wizard creates an app that runs just fine.
> >Thanx for any help.

> >Gary Hines
> >Welcome America!

Wed, 11 Oct 2000 03:00:00 GMT
 C4a: Btrieve Record Manager

Hi Gary,
Delete the file and try to allow your app to create the file by itself
again.  It is probable that the 1st page of the file, which contains
the FCR(File Control Record) is damaged.

On Sat, 25 Apr 1998 19:06:25 -0500, Gary Hines

Quote:

>Hi Ayodele,
>    I tried that and now I no longer get the Error(20). Now I get
>Error(30): Not a Btrieve File. I have no problem browsing the file
>with my app wizard generated clarion program however. Any more ideas?
>Thanx for all the help.

>Gary Hines

>> Hi Gary,
>> Check your BTI.INI, see if you have this setting

>> [Btrieve]
>> local=yes

>> If not, put it and try again. Should work.

>> Regards,
>> Ayo.

>> On Tue, 21 Apr 1998 08:47:27 -0500, Gary Hines

>> >Hi All,
>> >    I'm running C4a on NT with Pervasive.SQL. I have the Btrieve
>> >and SSQL servers automatically startup with NT. When I try to
>> >browse a file within the C4a dictionary, it gives me a "Driver
>> >Error(20): Btrieve Record Manager Disabled". I have the patch to
>> >the C4 Btrieve driver installed. Does anybody know a workaround
>> >for this? The app wizard creates an app that runs just fine.
>> >Thanx for any help.

>> >Gary Hines
>> >Welcome America!

Thu, 12 Oct 2000 03:00:00 GMT

1. C4a-ABC: Update Record from browse window.

2. C4a Highlight bar on first record in queue returning from update

3. C4a: unsupported record type21

4. C4a - FieldLookUp Button in C4a ???

5. Btrieve Record Changed by another Station error message

6. Btrieve server client corrupts record buffer

7. Pervasive SQL/Btrieve: Btrieve.nlm loading errors.

8. Problems migrating Btrieve 4.04 apps to Cobol/Btrieve 6.15 apps

9. Locator not working in C4a?

10. I'm French Problem with a browse with C4a

11. c4a running totals on browse

12. C4A-ABC: For Statement in FoxPro Index