How to make a check right before leaving a program
Author Message
 How to make a check right before leaving a program

Hi all,
When a user leaves my program, I want to check if a special procedure has
been done; if it hasn't the user is warned and is supposed to get the
opportunity to do the special procedure.
I can't find the right embedpoint to place the check.  When the check
works, I can't start the procedure. It's  somehow "too late". I get the
message: "Unable to open MDI window  (no APPLICATION active)"
I hope somebody can tell me, where I can place the check to make it work
and do the procedure.

regards
Dorthe

Sat, 10 Feb 2001 03:00:00 GMT
 How to make a check right before leaving a program

<< How to make a check right before leaving a program >>

Hi Dorthe!

What version of Clarion are you using? Are you using a Frame or is
this an SDI program? It matters!

-- Craig (The Data Ferret)
Using Virtual Access 3.52 build 159c (32-bit) in Win95
"Do not meddle in the affairs of FERRETS,
for THEY are FEISTY, and LIKE TO NIP
THOSE WHO ANNOY THEM!"

Sat, 10 Feb 2001 03:00:00 GMT
 How to make a check right before leaving a program
Dorthe, you can have two versions of your special procedure. One would
be MDI and called from inside your program, the other would NOT be MDI
and would only be called on exit. As I don't know what this procedure is
used for, I can't be more spicific that that.

HTH

Sat, 10 Feb 2001 03:00:00 GMT
 How to make a check right before leaving a program

Quote:
> << How to make a check right before leaving a program >>

> Hi Dorthe!

> What version of Clarion are you using? Are you using a Frame or is
> this an SDI program? It matters!

> -- Craig (The Data Ferret)

Hi Craig

I'm using Clarion 4A, a frame and standard templates.

Dorthe.

Sun, 11 Feb 2001 03:00:00 GMT
 How to make a check right before leaving a program

Quote:
> Dorthe, you can have two versions of your special procedure. One would
> be MDI and called from inside your program, the other would NOT be MDI
> and would only be called on exit. As I don't know what this procedure is
> used for, I can't be more spicific that that.

> HTH

HTH, thanks, I'll try that, but I'm still having a problem finding the
right embedpoint to make the check.
Dorthe

Sun, 11 Feb 2001 03:00:00 GMT
 How to make a check right before leaving a program
Hi!
if You are using Frame, You can put following code in the
Window Event Handling, Close Window Embed:
IF "some condition" THEN
    START("YourProc")
    CYCLE
END

Best regards,
Davor

Quote:

>Hi all,
>When a user leaves my program, I want to check if a special procedure has
>been done; if it hasn't the user is warned and is supposed to get the
>opportunity to do the special procedure.
>I can't find the right embedpoint to place the check.  When the check
>works, I can't start the procedure. It's  somehow "too late". I get the
>message: "Unable to open MDI window  (no APPLICATION active)"
>I hope somebody can tell me, where I can place the check to make it work
>and do the procedure.

>regards
>Dorthe

Sun, 11 Feb 2001 03:00:00 GMT
 How to make a check right before leaving a program

Quote:
> HTH, thanks, I'll try that, but I'm still having a problem finding the
> right embedpoint to make the check.
> Dorthe

 Dorthe,
    in the legacy templates (standard templates to non-OOP me), try the
WINDOWS EVENT HANDLING   CLOSE WINDOW   embedpoint.  I have not done it
with a frame, but I've successfully used this point to hold a window
open until I want it to close.
    The program you are trying to execute needs the Frame open (the MIDI
parent) so that your process (the MIDI child) can operate.  You need to
fire off your program before the Frame closes.  Either this embed point
or hte one just above it (the embedded aware Source Editor - SOURCE
under EDIT - is the proper place to look for the proper point) is the
place to start hunting.
         Good luck,
              Tim

Sun, 11 Feb 2001 03:00:00 GMT
 How to make a check right before leaving a program

<< I'm using Clarion 4A, a frame and standard templates. >>

I'm using 4bg so this MIGHT not be exactly correct, but it should get
you to the right place. (I hope!<g>)

The easiest way is:

1.  Close all apps or dcts you have open

2.  Go to the Setup|Application Options menu item and set the LAST drop
    box "Action for legacy embeds" to "Show all and generate all"

3.  Open your app, select the Frame and open the embeditor.

4.  Search for "Before Closing the Window"

5.  When you find it, you should see code something like this:

  ! Start of "Before Closing the Window"
  ! [Priority 5000]
  <white line>
  ! End of "Before Closing the Window"
  ! [Priority 7300]
  <white line>
  IF SELF.Opened
    INIMgr.Update('Main',AppFrame)
  END

    I've labelled the two white lines as <white line>. They'll be white
    lines in the embeditor.

6.  Put YOUR code in the white area just AFTER the "! [Priority 7300]"
    line.

-- Craig (The Data Ferret)
Using Virtual Access 3.52 build 159c (32-bit) in Win95
"Do not meddle in the affairs of FERRETS,
for THEY are FEISTY, and LIKE TO NIP
THOSE WHO ANNOY THEM!"

Sun, 11 Feb 2001 03:00:00 GMT

1. Right, left, Right.

2. Check before leaving program, how ?

3. Right to left question

4. Right to left cursor utility

5. Hebrew and Right-to-Left

6. left mouse button = right mouse button

7. Relational Trees - ? Scroll Left to Right

8. bold, italic, underline and right & left alignment

9. Hove to shift page numbers from left to right side depending on even uneven pagenumber

10. LEFT AND RIGHT ARROWS TO CHANGE SORT ORDER

11. Have a Get as a calculator (right to left)

12. More MF.Fun WORD-RIGHT and WORD-LEFT