*URGENT* Help need with data export
Author Message
 *URGENT* Help need with data export

Hi,

Wondering if anybody is able to help. I am totally new to clarion. We have
Clarion Pro for Windows version 2.0.

I like to export clarion data ( .DAT) to other format such as .txt of excel
etc. Can anybody give some useful hints on how to do this?

email will be much appreciated!

Thanks a lot!
Terry

Sat, 23 Feb 2002 03:00:00 GMT
 *URGENT* Help need with data export
Terry,

1    -     Create a data dictionary.

2    -    Import your DAT files (This will give you the basic structure to
work from)

3    -    Add a new file to the dictionary, using the BASIC file driver
(this gives the CSV format,                 which can be read by Excel,
Access, etc).

4    -    Add the required fields to the new file (mostly STRINGs for the
BASIC file driver)

5    -    Create a new App

6    -    Add a PROCESS procedure and add the original DAT file to the
Files... dialog

7    -    In the Process Properties dialog, leave the file action as 'No
record action'

8    -    Click the 'Embeds' button, and add the necessary code to the
'Activity for each record' embed point. This code should end with:-

        BAS:Field1 = DAT:Field1
        BAS:Field2 = DAT:Field2

        ADD(BASICFILE)    !Adds new record to CSV file

HTH
--
Steve Ingle
C S Data Systems

Replace 'no_spam' with 'biggles.force9'

> Hi,

> Wondering if anybody is able to help. I am totally new to clarion. We have
> Clarion Pro for Windows version 2.0.

> I like to export clarion data ( .DAT) to other format such as .txt of
excel
> etc. Can anybody give some useful hints on how to do this?

> email will be much appreciated!

> Thanks a lot!
> Terry

Sat, 23 Feb 2002 03:00:00 GMT

1. URGENT! Please help me with data problem (export)

2. URGENT-help needed-URGENT

3. Importing and exporting data to CW2.5 - HELP !!!!

4. HELP: Exporting data

5. Help needed with export file (DLL)

6. need import/export help

7. Need help to grok c extension that needs to use callbacks with data

8. URGENT: Need help with AND binary operation in awk

9. urgent! need help with database bindings

10. Need Help on awk!!!! **** Urgent ****

11. 2nd post Urgent: Need help with FM2.9!

12. urgent help needed