Two questions about default buttons...
Author Message
 Two questions about default buttons...

To anyone:

I'm using C5.5EE and can't find the answers to these items in the
regular reference materials.

Question 1:  The Topspeed report viewer has an icon to push to print a
report - does anyone know how to make this the default button?  I've
added the 'DEFAULT' attribute to the appropriate source code for that
item in the Abreport.clw file in the 'libsrc' directory, but that
seems to have no effect on what happens when the report viewer comes
up.

Question 2:  In general, what code can be used to "UN" Default a
particular button on a screen?

Many thanks in advance!

Steve Miller
AFC Systems
Mesa, Arizona
USA

Sat, 20 Jul 2002 03:00:00 GMT
 Two questions about default buttons...

Quote:

> Question 1:  The Topspeed report viewer has an icon to push to print a
> report - does anyone know how to make this the default button?  I've
> added the 'DEFAULT' attribute to the appropriate source code for that
> item in the Abreport.clw file in the 'libsrc' directory, but that
> seems to have no effect on what happens when the report viewer comes
> up.

> Question 2:  In general, what code can be used to "UN" Default a
> particular button on a screen?

Steve,

The 'Default' attribute on a button is normally set on the second tab of
the button properties. In code you can use property assignment:

?Button{PROP:Default} = true    ! Or false...

Regards,

John Newman
Software Partners Australia Pty Ltd
Ballarat, Victoria
(Using CPD 2.110 and C5PE-A)

Sun, 21 Jul 2002 03:00:00 GMT
 Two questions about default buttons...
Steve -

Q1: If a button is on the toolbar, then DEFAULT doesn't work.
Q2: ?YourButton{PROP:Default}=False

If you are changing the DEFAULT status from one button to another, you
have to shut off the default on the existing default button BEFORE
setting it to the new button. Otherwise, it won't work.

Quote:
>Question 1:  The Topspeed report viewer has an icon to push to print a
>report - does anyone know how to make this the default button?  I've
>added the 'DEFAULT' attribute to the appropriate source code for that
>item in the Abreport.clw file in the 'libsrc' directory, but that
>seems to have no effect on what happens when the report viewer comes
>up.

>Question 2:  In general, what code can be used to "UN" Default a
>particular button on a screen?

Jeff Slarve  [Team Topspeed]
http://www.jssoftware.com

Sun, 21 Jul 2002 03:00:00 GMT

1. Two questions: select default and tcl windows from C

2. Default Buttons...

3. Change of Default Button on Confirm Delete

4. C55ee Internet and Default Button

5. C4b ABC - Changing Default Button

6. Default Select Button not working

7. Foreign language default Yes/No button.

8. The Default Directory In The Dos File LookUp Button Template

9. performing validation when there is a button set as default

10. Default Button Code and functionality

11. Help with setting a default button

12. Default Button Problem