Clarion 4 App will not print in XP
Author Message
 Clarion 4 App will not print in XP

Just got a new machine with Win XP and a USB printer. When I click to
print an invoice, the Progress window pops up and closes after a
normal period of time, but no output from the printer. All other
functions are normal such as windows, forms, browses etc. Also using
CPCS reporting templates..... Anyone know if there is a patch or other
fix for this???  All is fine on other machines running 95, 98, ME. My
version of XP has SP 1..   Thanks,   Rick

Mon, 04 Jul 2005 04:01:25 GMT
 Clarion 4 App will not print in XP

Quote:

> Just got a new machine with Win XP and a USB printer. When I click to
> print an invoice, the Progress window pops up and closes after a
> normal period of time, but no output from the printer. All other
> functions are normal such as windows, forms, browses etc. Also using
> CPCS reporting templates..... Anyone know if there is a patch or other
> fix for this???  All is fine on other machines running 95, 98, ME. My
> version of XP has SP 1..   Thanks,   Rick

One more note:   I checked the app when I got a chance and the only
report that uses " loop thru associated files " is the one that does
not print in XP. All other reports work fine. I have sent a message to
CPSC for help, and am checking with Microsoft website.....might just
answer my own question......

Mon, 04 Jul 2005 09:45:23 GMT
 Clarion 4 App will not print in XP
This will sometimes happen if your report does not have a job name

If you haven't done this yet, in the Report menu under Edit/Report
Properties add a job name & re-compile

If this isn't the problem - good luck.  It's the only thing I can think of.

Frank Uhlik
Brisbane Australia
Legacy Rules

Quote:
> > Just got a new machine with Win XP and a USB printer. When I click to
> > print an invoice, the Progress window pops up and closes after a
> > normal period of time, but no output from the printer. All other
> > functions are normal such as windows, forms, browses etc. Also using
> > CPCS reporting templates..... Anyone know if there is a patch or other
> > fix for this???  All is fine on other machines running 95, 98, ME. My
> > version of XP has SP 1..   Thanks,   Rick

> One more note:   I checked the app when I got a chance and the only
> report that uses " loop thru associated files " is the one that does
> not print in XP. All other reports work fine. I have sent a message to
> CPSC for help, and am checking with Microsoft website.....might just
> answer my own question......

Sat, 09 Jul 2005 09:15:28 GMT

1. Clarion 5 app, windows 98 and windows XP

2. printing from clipper app under XP prof

3. Running Clarion on for DOS apps with Windows XP

4. C4 APP does not work correctly under New XP

5. XP DOS and memory, not enough for old CPD2.1 app

6. 5.2 not printing on XP Network

7. Convert Clarion 2.0 app to Clarion 5.5 apps.

8. Close a Clarion app from another Clarion app?

9. Printing Word Document in Clarion App

10. Bizarre printing problem, Clarion 4 app on NT

11. To XP or not to XP?

12. Clarion app cannot print to HP PC 950