TPS files in SHARE mode
Author Message
 TPS files in SHARE mode

Hi all,

First, I'd like to thank to all who gave me any information about
third-party templates.

I'm using CfD 3.1 and I have started to use the TPS files instead of
CLA ones. I need to make sequentional processing of one file.
When I open it as a "single user", with mode = 22h , the speed is
"so-so". But when I change it to "multi user" with mode = 42h  (I hope
I can remember these number correctly, the app generator changes them
automaticaly...) the processing is markably SLOWER. I can say it's
terribly slow!

I have no idea why ?! All the concurency checking is done not by the
driver, but by my app, I think. And I'm making no checking during
that processing - I'm using hand written source. It's running on the
same machine, which is not in network.

My next problem :
 I sent the registration card of CW 1.5 to the TopSpeed office in UK
 about two months ago. And I'm not sure if they got it, because I got
 no replay yet.
 Do you happen to know if they are or are not connected to Internet ?
 Where could I find out if I'm now registered or not ?

Thanks to all , CLARIONing is easier with you :-)))

                                                    Petr

Sat, 04 Sep 1999 03:00:00 GMT
 TPS files in SHARE mode

Try using the STREAM and FLUSH file statements ...
  code
  open(yourfilename)
  stream(yourfilename)
  sequential access code
  flush(yourfilename)
  close(yourfilename)
  return

<< Do you happen to know if they are or are not connected to Internet ?
 Where could I find out if I'm now registered or not ?>>

TOPSPEED.COM  .... or follow the Links !!!

Hope this helps.

Sat, 04 Sep 1999 03:00:00 GMT

1. TPS File sharing problem

2. Network is very slow with DBF Shared ou Shared REadOnly mode

3. Network is very slow with DBF Shared ou Shared REadOnly mode

4. Opening a file in shared mode

5. Looking for TPS file W/O TPS Estention

6. TPS file recovery utility/TPS ODBC problem

7. how to export ASCII files from .TPS files ?

8. Updating a TPS file with DBF file

9. Import a text file into a C5 .TPS file

10. Trouble importing ascii file into .tps database file.

11. Migrating TPS files to SQL Server 7 files

12. Using Long File Names (TPS Files) in Clarion