Foreign characters in key-field of TPS file.
Author Message
 Foreign characters in key-field of TPS file.

                       - - - - - - - - - -

Does anyone know if the Topspeed-format (in CW2.002) supports foreign
characters in the fields that are used in
a primary key.
When I search the database for a record that has a foreign character in the
key field, I can't find it!

Can anyone tell me more about this?

Thanks in advance.

Ramon van de Laar

Sat, 18 Dec 1999 03:00:00 GMT
 Foreign characters in key-field of TPS file.

Hello!

Quote:

> Date: 1 Jul 1997 05:16:10 -0400
>Does anyone know if the Topspeed-format (in CW2.002) supports foreign
>characters in the fields that are used in a primary key.

Yes, you can use any characters in key fields.

Quote:
>When I search the database for a record that has a foreign character in
>the key field, I can't find it!

You need observe several rules to provide correct work of your program
with characters out of range 20h-7Fh:
1) Values of pre-defined parameters CLACASE and CLACOLSEQ must be set
properly in the program's ENV file or by call of the LOCALE procedure.
2) Your files must have the OEM attribute.
3) If file has been created without OEM and filled without using of
CLACASE and CLACOLSEQ, it must be re-build, say, with TPSFIX utility.

Alexey Solovjev

Sat, 18 Dec 1999 03:00:00 GMT
 Foreign characters in key-field of TPS file.

                       - - - - - - - - - -

Quote:

>                       - - - - - - - - - -
>Does anyone know if the Topspeed-format (in CW2.002) supports foreign
>characters in the fields that are used in
>a primary key.
>When I search the database for a record that has a foreign character in the
>key field, I can't find it!

>Can anyone tell me more about this?

>Thanks in advance.

>Ramon van de Laar

Ramn,

        I had the same problem: I was unable to SELECT a register with
accented characters, and they showed twice in the listbox.

        I think the problem begins when the CODEPAGES ( or any other
country specific setting, I am not sure) of the machine where the
tables are CREATED / USED are not the same.

        Saludos desde Venezuela,

                                        Anbal Rojas

Sat, 18 Dec 1999 03:00:00 GMT
 Foreign characters in key-field of TPS file.

Quote:

> 2) Your files must have the OEM attribute.

This is only necessary if the file is to be read by DOS based programs.

SuRF Down Under
(TopSpeed R&D)

Fri, 24 Dec 1999 03:00:00 GMT

1. Initialize foreign key field

2. Converting foreign characters to HTML characters entities

3. TPS file duplicate key error

4. Duplicate Key Problem with TPS File

5. LAN and TPS files with dynamic index keys

6. Changing Fields in TPS file

7. TPS file with all dimension fields.....doesn't work

8. hidden fields in TPS-files (TopScan)

9. splitting a large file based on the change of values in a key field

10. Declaring Btrieve file structure with OVER'ed key fields

11. Print from FORM for a file which has no unique field or key

12. Auto Inc Key with Must be in List Field in Multi Part Key