Help DDE
Author Message
 Help DDE

c5.5 abc

Hi All

on a button i have this code for dde

loc:channel = DDEClient('word','system')
if  loc:channel < 1 then
  message('DDE contact not established')
  RUN('Word')
  loc:channel = DDEClient('word','system')
  ELSE
  message('DDE Successful')
end

this is pretty much the same as in the c4 help file and i have in the global
embeds 'inside global map'
include'dde.clw'
but it does not work i dont get the success message
ive tried it with word open and closed and ive tried it with excel
HELP why wont it work
ive read the help thorugh and through and everthing seems ok!
TIA,  Gavin Uttley

Thu, 11 Jul 2002 03:00:00 GMT
 Help DDE
Increase the DDE Timeout and see if that helps.  See PROP:DDETimeOut in
the Help files for details.
-MLA

Thu, 11 Jul 2002 03:00:00 GMT
 Help DDE
Use DDEClient('WinWord','System')
To get the list of all the DDE servers running on the system use DDEQUERY.
For example, run Word, then put the code
MESSAGE(DDEQUERY())
on opening the window.
When your window opens it will give you a list of all DDE servers, including
WinWord:System

Stephen Fulton.

Quote:
> c5.5 abc

> Hi All

> on a button i have this code for dde

> loc:channel = DDEClient('word','system')
> if  loc:channel < 1 then
>   message('DDE contact not established')
>   RUN('Word')
>   loc:channel = DDEClient('word','system')
>   ELSE
>   message('DDE Successful')
> end

> this is pretty much the same as in the c4 help file and i have in the
global
> embeds 'inside global map'
> include'dde.clw'
> but it does not work i dont get the success message
> ive tried it with word open and closed and ive tried it with excel
> HELP why wont it work
> ive read the help thorugh and through and everthing seems ok!
> TIA,  Gavin Uttley

Fri, 12 Jul 2002 03:00:00 GMT
 Help DDE
Thanks Stephen!
I Also downloaded a file from icetips 'showdde.zip' this shows all the names
of any ddeserver running and the topic!.
one more thing how do you find out the dde commands for word? i carnt find
it in word help
and the onse in clarion help are for excel and dont work in word i played
with the vb tool in word and that was no help.
Regards, Gavin uttley

Quote:
> Use DDEClient('WinWord','System')
> To get the list of all the DDE servers running on the system use DDEQUERY.
> For example, run Word, then put the code
> MESSAGE(DDEQUERY())
> on opening the window.
> When your window opens it will give you a list of all DDE servers,
including
> WinWord:System

> Stephen Fulton.

> > c5.5 abc

> > Hi All

> > on a button i have this code for dde

> > loc:channel = DDEClient('word','system')
> > if  loc:channel < 1 then
> >   message('DDE contact not established')
> >   RUN('Word')
> >   loc:channel = DDEClient('word','system')
> >   ELSE
> >   message('DDE Successful')
> > end

> > this is pretty much the same as in the c4 help file and i have in the
> global
> > embeds 'inside global map'
> > include'dde.clw'
> > but it does not work i dont get the success message
> > ive tried it with word open and closed and ive tried it with excel
> > HELP why wont it work
> > ive read the help thorugh and through and everthing seems ok!
> > TIA,  Gavin Uttley

Fri, 12 Jul 2002 03:00:00 GMT
 Help DDE
The quick answer is to go to Word and record a macro with the actions you
want.
Then guess what the DDE part should be, it's usually fairly close.
Sorry, haven't used DDE for a while, I use OLE now.

Stephen Fulton.

Quote:
> Thanks Stephen!
> I Also downloaded a file from icetips 'showdde.zip' this shows all the
names
> of any ddeserver running and the topic!.
> one more thing how do you find out the dde commands for word? i carnt find
> it in word help
> and the onse in clarion help are for excel and dont work in word i played
> with the vb tool in word and that was no help.
> Regards, Gavin uttley

> > Use DDEClient('WinWord','System')
> > To get the list of all the DDE servers running on the system use
DDEQUERY.
> > For example, run Word, then put the code
> > MESSAGE(DDEQUERY())
> > on opening the window.
> > When your window opens it will give you a list of all DDE servers,
> including
> > WinWord:System

> > Stephen Fulton.

> > > c5.5 abc

> > > Hi All

> > > on a button i have this code for dde

> > > loc:channel = DDEClient('word','system')
> > > if  loc:channel < 1 then
> > >   message('DDE contact not established')
> > >   RUN('Word')
> > >   loc:channel = DDEClient('word','system')
> > >   ELSE
> > >   message('DDE Successful')
> > > end

> > > this is pretty much the same as in the c4 help file and i have in the
> > global
> > > embeds 'inside global map'
> > > include'dde.clw'
> > > but it does not work i dont get the success message
> > > ive tried it with word open and closed and ive tried it with excel
> > > HELP why wont it work
> > > ive read the help thorugh and through and everthing seems ok!
> > > TIA,  Gavin Uttley

Sat, 13 Jul 2002 03:00:00 GMT

1. URGENT PLEASE HELP: DDE Link timeout

2. Help: dde server for Visual Works 2.51

3. Help: DDE

4. HELP: DDE commnads to NETSCAPE

5. DDE DDE DDE DDE DDE ( once more, help needed )

6. Visual Basic DDE and Clarion DDE

7. Aef's examples: DDE example ( dde.zip 1/3)

8. Aef's examples: DDE example (dde.zip 0/3)

9. Aef's examples:DDE example (dde.zip3/3)

10. Aef's examples: DDE example (dde.zip 2/3)

11. load dde.dll Dde => invalid argument

12. Need Help with DDE