Need report template capable of....
Author Message
 Need report template capable of....

I have 3 postcards on a page.  Each one is a water bill.  There can be
multiple detail lines for each postcard.

The cards need to have the name and address  to the right of the detail
usage info so the card looks like:

Header stuff

detail 1                 Customer_Name
detail 2                 Address
detail 3                 City state zip

totals (footer)

(Detail 2 and 3 may or may not be present, but the address must always be)

I need to have the name and address in the header or footer and to have the
detail start partway down the card.

I have tried various combinations of the standard reports with no success.
I put the detail area over part of the header and can get it to print the
way I want but only 1 time per page.

I was hoping that maybe there was a template that would allow me to layout
my 'page' the way I want and then it would do multi-up.

Any ideas?

Thanks,

Bob Roos

Wed, 11 Feb 2004 12:33:02 GMT
 Need report template capable of....
Hi Bob,
I would make the page size match the size of one of the post cards and then
you should be able to print it the way you want to.

Ben E. Brady
Brady & Associates, LLC.

Quote:
> I have 3 postcards on a page.  Each one is a water bill.  There can be
> multiple detail lines for each postcard.

> The cards need to have the name and address  to the right of the detail
> usage info so the card looks like:

> Header stuff

> detail 1                 Customer_Name
> detail 2                 Address
> detail 3                 City state zip

> totals (footer)

> (Detail 2 and 3 may or may not be present, but the address must always be)

> I need to have the name and address in the header or footer and to have
the
> detail start partway down the card.

> I have tried various combinations of the standard reports with no success.
> I put the detail area over part of the header and can get it to print the
> way I want but only 1 time per page.

> I was hoping that maybe there was a template that would allow me to layout
> my 'page' the way I want and then it would do multi-up.

> Any ideas?

> Thanks,

> Bob Roos

Wed, 11 Feb 2004 19:35:10 GMT
 Need report template capable of....
Hi Bob and Ben,

I have always found that with reports you have to do a lot of lateral
thinking, and then most things are possible. Here are soem thoughts
(untested)

1. I would use the CPCS reporting label templates (others may also do
similar things). This will get you the three postcards to a page.

2. Then come the issue of a detail band to the left and a name and
address section to the right. On the surface I think I am correct in
assuming that this is not possible using a standard detail band. So How
else can you do it? Well how about a text box populated with a local
string variable (of suitable length).

Place the text box on the left side of the detail band and size it to be
as wide as the detail items need to be, and extend the height of the
detail band so it is almost the size of the postcard and resize tha
textbox accordingly. Place the name and address on the right hand side
as required.

3. When a new customer is retrieved ready for printing, access the child
files that contain the detail needed to be printed and append to the
local string variable adding carriage returns etc.

See how that goes.

Tony

Quote:

> Hi Bob,
> I would make the page size match the size of one of the post cards and then
> you should be able to print it the way you want to.

> Ben E. Brady
> Brady & Associates, LLC.

> > I have 3 postcards on a page.  Each one is a water bill.  There can be
> > multiple detail lines for each postcard.

> > The cards need to have the name and address  to the right of the detail
> > usage info so the card looks like:

> > Header stuff

> > detail 1                 Customer_Name
> > detail 2                 Address
> > detail 3                 City state zip

> > totals (footer)

> > (Detail 2 and 3 may or may not be present, but the address must always be)

> > I need to have the name and address in the header or footer and to have
> the
> > detail start partway down the card.

> > I have tried various combinations of the standard reports with no success.
> > I put the detail area over part of the header and can get it to print the
> > way I want but only 1 time per page.

> > I was hoping that maybe there was a template that would allow me to layout
> > my 'page' the way I want and then it would do multi-up.

> > Any ideas?

> > Thanks,

> > Bob Roos

Thu, 12 Feb 2004 07:18:18 GMT
 Need report template capable of....
Ben:
Have done this with Avery Post Cards and CPCS.  Get 6 post cards to a page.
I printed defined text so the layout was easy.

If you want highly variable printing on the cards then you could consider
several options.
a. Use List and Label.
b. Populate the entire post card with strings.
  Give people the layout of the card and let them assign where they want to
put each line. The stuff the contents into the desired strings (have to
parse text if you want to put it on several lines).  That way you have
infinite possibilities.

HTH,
Ron Jolda

Quote:
> Hi Bob,
> I would make the page size match the size of one of the post cards and
then
> you should be able to print it the way you want to.

> Ben E. Brady
> Brady & Associates, LLC.

> > I have 3 postcards on a page.  Each one is a water bill.  There can be
> > multiple detail lines for each postcard.

> > The cards need to have the name and address  to the right of the detail
> > usage info so the card looks like:

> > Header stuff

> > detail 1                 Customer_Name
> > detail 2                 Address
> > detail 3                 City state zip

> > totals (footer)

> > (Detail 2 and 3 may or may not be present, but the address must always
be)

> > I need to have the name and address in the header or footer and to have
> the
> > detail start partway down the card.

> > I have tried various combinations of the standard reports with no
success.
> > I put the detail area over part of the header and can get it to print
the
> > way I want but only 1 time per page.

> > I was hoping that maybe there was a template that would allow me to
layout
> > my 'page' the way I want and then it would do multi-up.

> > Any ideas?

> > Thanks,

> > Bob Roos

Thu, 12 Feb 2004 10:27:41 GMT
 Need report template capable of....
Thanks for the ideas.  I am checking out CPCS.

I think I have tried every combination possible under the standard templates
with no success.

Bob

Thu, 12 Feb 2004 13:16:30 GMT

1. Need report template capable of....

2. Process Template VS. Report Template

3. Report Pages (C4-CW2003 report template)

4. Report Template from Browse that provides a Report with Word and Excel output

5. Using VBX with Report Template, Report Formatter

6. Need help with EasyFTP templates (repost Templates and Third_Party ng)

7. Need Template advice for Missing Templates

8. Reformatting a delimited line of data into a report using a template

9. Using the Crystal Reports templates delivered with c55ee.

10. Report Template/Procedure

11. Report template

12. cfw 2.0 report template