PRINTER{PropPrint:Device}= 'some invalid printer name'
Author Message
 PRINTER{PropPrint:Device}= 'some invalid printer name'

Is there a way to determine that xyz in PRINTER{PropPrint:Device}= xyz
describes a valid printer for the current computer?  In other words what
happens if I set xyz to an invalid printer such as ''.

Mark Goldberg

Wed, 11 Feb 2004 04:13:30 GMT
 PRINTER{PropPrint:Device}= 'some invalid printer name'
You get the default printer if you specify a non-existent printer.

--
Lee White

Lodestar Software: www.CWaddons.com
DeveloperPLUS, your source for tools and services: www.DeveloperPLUS.com

Quote:
> Is there a way to determine that xyz in PRINTER{PropPrint:Device}= xyz
> describes a valid printer for the current computer?  In other words
what
> happens if I set xyz to an invalid printer such as ''.

> Mark Goldberg

Wed, 11 Feb 2004 05:57:42 GMT
 PRINTER{PropPrint:Device}= 'some invalid printer name'
Hi Lee,

    Does that mean I can check for the existence of xyz printer by assigning
"xyz" to PRINTER{PropPrint:Device} and check to see if
PRINTER{PropPrint:Device} = "xyz?"

    Will this create other problems if network printers are involved?

Edward

Quote:
> You get the default printer if you specify a non-existent printer.

> --
> Lee White

> Lodestar Software: www.CWaddons.com
> DeveloperPLUS, your source for tools and services: www.DeveloperPLUS.com

> > Is there a way to determine that xyz in PRINTER{PropPrint:Device}= xyz
> > describes a valid printer for the current computer?  In other words
> what
> > happens if I set xyz to an invalid printer such as ''.

> > Mark Goldberg

Wed, 11 Feb 2004 07:31:15 GMT
 PRINTER{PropPrint:Device}= 'some invalid printer name'
Actually that will work!

Set it, then test it.

--
Lee White

Lodestar Software: www.CWaddons.com
DeveloperPLUS, your source for tools and services: www.DeveloperPLUS.com

Quote:
> Hi Lee,

>     Does that mean I can check for the existence of xyz printer by
assigning
> "xyz" to PRINTER{PropPrint:Device} and check to see if
> PRINTER{PropPrint:Device} = "xyz?"

>     Will this create other problems if network printers are involved?

> Edward

> > You get the default printer if you specify a non-existent printer.

> > --
> > Lee White

> > Lodestar Software: www.CWaddons.com
> > DeveloperPLUS, your source for tools and services:

www.DeveloperPLUS.com

> > > Is there a way to determine that xyz in PRINTER{PropPrint:Device}=
xyz
> > > describes a valid printer for the current computer?  In other
words
> > what
> > > happens if I set xyz to an invalid printer such as ''.

> > > Mark Goldberg

Wed, 11 Feb 2004 11:39:24 GMT

1. PRINTER{PROPPRINT:Device} w/ Process template in CW2.003

2. Printer{Propprint:device}

3. PRINTER{PROPPRINT:Device} problem

4. printer{propprint:device} Error on NT

5. Outputting 'Raw' printer data

6. Windows Printer's and DOS aplication's

7. Propprint:Copies vs Dot-matrix printer

8. printer{propprint:copies}

9. tkinter demos - matt's files use invalid names

10. Can't print to non-PS printer

11. Printer API's

12. Printing to a particular printer on Win'98 peer-to-peer Networks