Backup question
Author Message
 Backup question

                       - - - - - - - - - -
Hello all,

I am getting better with CW. I used to make two steps forward and one
step backwards. Now I making two steps forwards and three steps
backwards.

Now the question...

Is there a simple way to automatically backup the last working version
in case that the "improvements" didn't workout or do I have to keep
renaming the applications, APP1, APP2, APP3 and so on and keep them on
disk till all the bugs are out?

Nathan Gutman
Seek simplicity and distrust it.

Fri, 28 Jan 2000 03:00:00 GMT
 Backup question

                       - - - - - - - - - -
Nathan Gutman asked:

Quote:
>Is there a simple way to automatically backup the last working version
>in case that the "improvements" didn't workout or do I have to keep
>renaming the applications, APP1, APP2, APP3 and so on and keep them on
>disk till all the bugs are out?

Good Mr Gutman,

I take the approach of numbering my "betas" and using a directory structure
including the beta number, so that I can easily access the version I want
by using the correct directory.  In the name of disk space, I then delete
old directories once they've become redundant.

I also make a point of keeping an up-to-date copy of all .app and .dct
files, as well as my template directoies, on a spare computer which I have
linked to over my W95 lan.  On more than one occassion I've been EXTREMELY
happy to have that backup.

Regards,

Nathan van den Berg

Sat, 29 Jan 2000 03:00:00 GMT

1. Backup Question.

2. ISAM file backup questions

3. Backup question

4. General Programming Question: Making Backups

5. questions about a backup program for the MS-DOS environment

6. Backups

7. Precautions reqd for System-Volume Backup

8. DFDSS Backup File Structure

9. deleting a backup

10. Creating Backup Report

11. Backup of server in VA3.0 team